Sep 14, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Day two of the Impact Competitive Training Series out in Las Vegas saw some interesting run but still lacked star power. That is expected to change, by the way, with the arrival of John Wall on Wednesday.
Talking to a couple people there, the style is a wide-open, pickup style. That means it’s pretty entertaining to watch but again, we caution you not to make any “good in Vegas = good in the NBA” assumptions.
A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is still in Vegas and listed these three as having big days:
Josh Selby, G, Memphis — It was just a couple years ago that Selby was the best high school player in the nation in part because of his ability to score in bunches. He did just that on Tuesday with a 42-point eruption along with dishing out seven assists.
J.J. Hickson, F, Sacramento — Nobody has dominated above-the-rim play the way Hickson has this week. And if you made the mistake of getting in his way (see Jeremy Evans), prepare to be posterized. On Tuesday, he had 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Kyle Lowry, G, Houston — Known more as a combo scoring guard, Lowry showed some serious play-making skills with an 18-point, 20-assist performance in a blowout win.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40