Sep 14, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Day two of the Impact Competitive Training Series out in Las Vegas saw some interesting run but still lacked star power. That is expected to change, by the way, with the arrival of John Wall on Wednesday.
Talking to a couple people there, the style is a wide-open, pickup style. That means it’s pretty entertaining to watch but again, we caution you not to make any “good in Vegas = good in the NBA” assumptions.
A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is still in Vegas and listed these three as having big days:
Josh Selby, G, Memphis — It was just a couple years ago that Selby was the best high school player in the nation in part because of his ability to score in bunches. He did just that on Tuesday with a 42-point eruption along with dishing out seven assists.
J.J. Hickson, F, Sacramento — Nobody has dominated above-the-rim play the way Hickson has this week. And if you made the mistake of getting in his way (see Jeremy Evans), prepare to be posterized. On Tuesday, he had 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Kyle Lowry, G, Houston — Known more as a combo scoring guard, Lowry showed some serious play-making skills with an 18-point, 20-assist performance in a blowout win.
- Report: Celtics and Mavericks agree in principle to Rajon Rondo trade 3
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 6
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25