Sep 14, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Day two of the Impact Competitive Training Series out in Las Vegas saw some interesting run but still lacked star power. That is expected to change, by the way, with the arrival of John Wall on Wednesday.
Talking to a couple people there, the style is a wide-open, pickup style. That means it’s pretty entertaining to watch but again, we caution you not to make any “good in Vegas = good in the NBA” assumptions.
A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is still in Vegas and listed these three as having big days:
Josh Selby, G, Memphis – It was just a couple years ago that Selby was the best high school player in the nation in part because of his ability to score in bunches. He did just that on Tuesday with a 42-point eruption along with dishing out seven assists.
J.J. Hickson, F, Sacramento – Nobody has dominated above-the-rim play the way Hickson has this week. And if you made the mistake of getting in his way (see Jeremy Evans), prepare to be posterized. On Tuesday, he had 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Kyle Lowry, G, Houston – Known more as a combo scoring guard, Lowry showed some serious play-making skills with an 18-point, 20-assist performance in a blowout win.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 15
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 36
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 62
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40