Sep 14, 2011, 4:54 PM EST
Well Roger Mason, how u?
“Looking like a season. How u.”
That quote fed the optimism growing around the NBA’s labor talks last week (optimism that got crushed on Tuesday). But within an hour of it going up the tweet came down and soon Mason was saying his account had been hacked. Nobody believed him. Convincing us your twitter account got hacked now is like a 15-year-old trying to convince his friends he got laid while on the family vacation to Wisconsin.
“Actually I was in high school with my son and I have an assistant that frequently updates my account. And a friend of mine sent me a message about how the lockout could last. And I said, ‘It’s looks like it could be a season.’ So it sent him a message back. She sends a message thinking it was a text message but it wasn’t, it was a tweet.
“So I got a bunch of calls from media and they asked me about the tweet and I didn’t know anything about it so I assumed I had been hacked.”
Believe as much or as little of that as you wish. What I like best is the spin on the meaning — we all took the tweet as saying it looked like there would be a season, but he spins it as saying the lockout could last a season. Clever. Again, believe what you want.
At least he was honest about being hacked.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20