Sep 14, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Well Roger Mason, how u?
“Looking like a season. How u.”
That quote fed the optimism growing around the NBA’s labor talks last week (optimism that got crushed on Tuesday). But within an hour of it going up the tweet came down and soon Mason was saying his account had been hacked. Nobody believed him. Convincing us your twitter account got hacked now is like a 15-year-old trying to convince his friends he got laid while on the family vacation to Wisconsin.
“Actually I was in high school with my son and I have an assistant that frequently updates my account. And a friend of mine sent me a message about how the lockout could last. And I said, ‘It’s looks like it could be a season.’ So it sent him a message back. She sends a message thinking it was a text message but it wasn’t, it was a tweet.
“So I got a bunch of calls from media and they asked me about the tweet and I didn’t know anything about it so I assumed I had been hacked.”
Believe as much or as little of that as you wish. What I like best is the spin on the meaning — we all took the tweet as saying it looked like there would be a season, but he spins it as saying the lockout could last a season. Clever. Again, believe what you want.
At least he was honest about being hacked.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20