Sep 14, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
Well Roger Mason, how u?
“Looking like a season. How u.”
That quote fed the optimism growing around the NBA’s labor talks last week (optimism that got crushed on Tuesday). But within an hour of it going up the tweet came down and soon Mason was saying his account had been hacked. Nobody believed him. Convincing us your twitter account got hacked now is like a 15-year-old trying to convince his friends he got laid while on the family vacation to Wisconsin.
“Actually I was in high school with my son and I have an assistant that frequently updates my account. And a friend of mine sent me a message about how the lockout could last. And I said, ‘It’s looks like it could be a season.’ So it sent him a message back. She sends a message thinking it was a text message but it wasn’t, it was a tweet.
“So I got a bunch of calls from media and they asked me about the tweet and I didn’t know anything about it so I assumed I had been hacked.”
Believe as much or as little of that as you wish. What I like best is the spin on the meaning — we all took the tweet as saying it looked like there would be a season, but he spins it as saying the lockout could last a season. Clever. Again, believe what you want.
At least he was honest about being hacked.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7