Sep 14, 2011, 8:10 PM EST
This is what can happen when guys get max contracts and feel the need for some home improvements — Joe Johnson’s shoe closet is nicer and more secure than your apartment.
You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. It’s 500-square feet and custom built. The Hawks swingman is part of the Jordan Brand, so you know he had some nice kicks. A lot of them. Hundreds. And if you have a lot of nice kicks and a max contract what you build is a massive shoe closet for them. With fingerprint security.
“I wanted to display all of my shoes, so I had this 500-square-foot closet made. I just thought this would be a cool idea, and it would almost look like a museum. I had a fingerprint sensor put on the door to make sure I’m the only one who can get in here. I mostly wear Air Jordans. All of the Jordan guys are selected by Michael Jordan himself. It’s kind of hard to tell MJ no. I have 436 pairs of sneakers in here, and they’re mostly unworn. I’ll wear all of them eventually.”
Follow that link above just to see the picture. He has a hardwood basketball floor on the bottom of the closet — a closet that is 20-feet tall by the way. He has to bring in Dikembe Mutombo to get the stuff on the upper shelves.
Well, at least he’s putting his money to good use between this and his truck. And it should be an interesting selling point should he ever try to sell the home. Imelda Marcos might have had interest at one point.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 8
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31