Sep 14, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Let the Knicks conspiracy theories begin… or are they conspiracy theories if they are true?
For those of you who want to deny that former Knicks GM and current Florida International coach Isiah Thomas no longer has influence with his old organization, we bring you this.
Current Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire is working out with Thomas at Florida International University, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. And Knicks dream-point guard Chris Paul is there, too.
There were several NBA players working out at FIU, including Atlanta’s Joe Johnson. None of this is surprising since FIU is located in a favored city among NBA players: Miami. Plus, Isiah continues to share a close relationship with some of the league’s top players. That would including Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e and more importantly, Chris Paul.
This is the reason James Dolan continues to lean on Isiah for advice, even though Isiah doesn’t have an official position with the Knicks.
So, this can be written off as a happy coincidence if you want. A star Knicks player and a guy the Knicks want to recruit just happens to be working out in the gym controlled b the former Knicks GM who has the ear of the owner (and others in the organization, including the new GM). Sure, that can happen. But there are fewer coincidences at Area 51.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50