Sep 14, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Let the Knicks conspiracy theories begin… or are they conspiracy theories if they are true?
For those of you who want to deny that former Knicks GM and current Florida International coach Isiah Thomas no longer has influence with his old organization, we bring you this.
Current Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire is working out with Thomas at Florida International University, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. And Knicks dream-point guard Chris Paul is there, too.
There were several NBA players working out at FIU, including Atlanta’s Joe Johnson. None of this is surprising since FIU is located in a favored city among NBA players: Miami. Plus, Isiah continues to share a close relationship with some of the league’s top players. That would including Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e and more importantly, Chris Paul.
This is the reason James Dolan continues to lean on Isiah for advice, even though Isiah doesn’t have an official position with the Knicks.
So, this can be written off as a happy coincidence if you want. A star Knicks player and a guy the Knicks want to recruit just happens to be working out in the gym controlled b the former Knicks GM who has the ear of the owner (and others in the organization, including the new GM). Sure, that can happen. But there are fewer coincidences at Area 51.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28