Sep 14, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Let the Knicks conspiracy theories begin… or are they conspiracy theories if they are true?
For those of you who want to deny that former Knicks GM and current Florida International coach Isiah Thomas no longer has influence with his old organization, we bring you this.
Current Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire is working out with Thomas at Florida International University, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. And Knicks dream-point guard Chris Paul is there, too.
There were several NBA players working out at FIU, including Atlanta’s Joe Johnson. None of this is surprising since FIU is located in a favored city among NBA players: Miami. Plus, Isiah continues to share a close relationship with some of the league’s top players. That would including Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e and more importantly, Chris Paul.
This is the reason James Dolan continues to lean on Isiah for advice, even though Isiah doesn’t have an official position with the Knicks.
So, this can be written off as a happy coincidence if you want. A star Knicks player and a guy the Knicks want to recruit just happens to be working out in the gym controlled b the former Knicks GM who has the ear of the owner (and others in the organization, including the new GM). Sure, that can happen. But there are fewer coincidences at Area 51.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36