Sep 13, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
Finally, World Peace is spreading. Maybe not as we had all hoped, but it is spreading.
At least in the Artest household.
In the coming weeks Ron Artest is expected to become Metta World Peace (there was some traffic ticket issues to deal with), and now his daughter wants to get in on the act, reports TMZ (via the Orange County Registar).
Ron’s rep tells TMZ, 8-year-old Diamond Artest has told her dad she wants to take on the World Peace name — and with a name like Diamond, the resulting moniker might even be awesomer than her dad’s.
Diamond hasn’t decided when she wants to begin the legal process — but we’re told Ron’s ready and willing to sign on the dotted line whenever she’s ready.
Diamond World Peace. Well, I know people with worse names. So do you.
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 0
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 8
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)