Sep 13, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
Finally, World Peace is spreading. Maybe not as we had all hoped, but it is spreading.
At least in the Artest household.
In the coming weeks Ron Artest is expected to become Metta World Peace (there was some traffic ticket issues to deal with), and now his daughter wants to get in on the act, reports TMZ (via the Orange County Registar).
Ron’s rep tells TMZ, 8-year-old Diamond Artest has told her dad she wants to take on the World Peace name — and with a name like Diamond, the resulting moniker might even be awesomer than her dad’s.
Diamond hasn’t decided when she wants to begin the legal process — but we’re told Ron’s ready and willing to sign on the dotted line whenever she’s ready.
Diamond World Peace. Well, I know people with worse names. So do you.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8