Sep 13, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
Finally, World Peace is spreading. Maybe not as we had all hoped, but it is spreading.
At least in the Artest household.
In the coming weeks Ron Artest is expected to become Metta World Peace (there was some traffic ticket issues to deal with), and now his daughter wants to get in on the act, reports TMZ (via the Orange County Registar).
Ron’s rep tells TMZ, 8-year-old Diamond Artest has told her dad she wants to take on the World Peace name — and with a name like Diamond, the resulting moniker might even be awesomer than her dad’s.
Diamond hasn’t decided when she wants to begin the legal process — but we’re told Ron’s ready and willing to sign on the dotted line whenever she’s ready.
Diamond World Peace. Well, I know people with worse names. So do you.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 0
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights