Sep 13, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
Finally, World Peace is spreading. Maybe not as we had all hoped, but it is spreading.
At least in the Artest household.
In the coming weeks Ron Artest is expected to become Metta World Peace (there was some traffic ticket issues to deal with), and now his daughter wants to get in on the act, reports TMZ (via the Orange County Registar).
Ron’s rep tells TMZ, 8-year-old Diamond Artest has told her dad she wants to take on the World Peace name — and with a name like Diamond, the resulting moniker might even be awesomer than her dad’s.
Diamond hasn’t decided when she wants to begin the legal process — but we’re told Ron’s ready and willing to sign on the dotted line whenever she’s ready.
Diamond World Peace. Well, I know people with worse names. So do you.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90