Sep 13, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
Finally, World Peace is spreading. Maybe not as we had all hoped, but it is spreading.
At least in the Artest household.
In the coming weeks Ron Artest is expected to become Metta World Peace (there was some traffic ticket issues to deal with), and now his daughter wants to get in on the act, reports TMZ (via the Orange County Registar).
Ron’s rep tells TMZ, 8-year-old Diamond Artest has told her dad she wants to take on the World Peace name — and with a name like Diamond, the resulting moniker might even be awesomer than her dad’s.
Diamond hasn’t decided when she wants to begin the legal process — but we’re told Ron’s ready and willing to sign on the dotted line whenever she’s ready.
Diamond World Peace. Well, I know people with worse names. So do you.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6