Sep 12, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
You keep hearing the buzz — teams are trying to get together, to work out together. Normally this is the pre-camp time when teammates workout and play pickup together at the team facilities, but thanks to the lockout there is none of that. So some team leaders are trying to organize workouts.
On Monday, when the first of a scheduled week long workouts was held at a gym halfway between Baltimore and Washington, just three Wizards were on hand.
Blatche, who was joined by second-year player Hamady Ndiaye and rookie Chris Singleton, is hopeful that last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick John Wall and forward Rashard Lewis will be on hand on Tuesday.
No they are not. Wall and Lewis are among the guys in Las Vegas right now for the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series, which tipped-off Monday. Those guys are not leaving Vegas.
It’s a nice idea by Blatche… but it’s all just so very Wizards somehow.
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 15
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 18
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay