Sep 12, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
You keep hearing the buzz — teams are trying to get together, to work out together. Normally this is the pre-camp time when teammates workout and play pickup together at the team facilities, but thanks to the lockout there is none of that. So some team leaders are trying to organize workouts.
On Monday, when the first of a scheduled week long workouts was held at a gym halfway between Baltimore and Washington, just three Wizards were on hand.
Blatche, who was joined by second-year player Hamady Ndiaye and rookie Chris Singleton, is hopeful that last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick John Wall and forward Rashard Lewis will be on hand on Tuesday.
No they are not. Wall and Lewis are among the guys in Las Vegas right now for the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series, which tipped-off Monday. Those guys are not leaving Vegas.
It’s a nice idea by Blatche… but it’s all just so very Wizards somehow.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 0
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 6
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20