Sep 12, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
You keep hearing the buzz — teams are trying to get together, to work out together. Normally this is the pre-camp time when teammates workout and play pickup together at the team facilities, but thanks to the lockout there is none of that. So some team leaders are trying to organize workouts.
On Monday, when the first of a scheduled week long workouts was held at a gym halfway between Baltimore and Washington, just three Wizards were on hand.
Blatche, who was joined by second-year player Hamady Ndiaye and rookie Chris Singleton, is hopeful that last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick John Wall and forward Rashard Lewis will be on hand on Tuesday.
No they are not. Wall and Lewis are among the guys in Las Vegas right now for the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series, which tipped-off Monday. Those guys are not leaving Vegas.
It’s a nice idea by Blatche… but it’s all just so very Wizards somehow.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50