Sep 12, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
You keep hearing the buzz — teams are trying to get together, to work out together. Normally this is the pre-camp time when teammates workout and play pickup together at the team facilities, but thanks to the lockout there is none of that. So some team leaders are trying to organize workouts.
On Monday, when the first of a scheduled week long workouts was held at a gym halfway between Baltimore and Washington, just three Wizards were on hand.
Blatche, who was joined by second-year player Hamady Ndiaye and rookie Chris Singleton, is hopeful that last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick John Wall and forward Rashard Lewis will be on hand on Tuesday.
No they are not. Wall and Lewis are among the guys in Las Vegas right now for the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series, which tipped-off Monday. Those guys are not leaving Vegas.
It’s a nice idea by Blatche… but it’s all just so very Wizards somehow.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20