Sep 12, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
You keep hearing the buzz — teams are trying to get together, to work out together. Normally this is the pre-camp time when teammates workout and play pickup together at the team facilities, but thanks to the lockout there is none of that. So some team leaders are trying to organize workouts.
On Monday, when the first of a scheduled week long workouts was held at a gym halfway between Baltimore and Washington, just three Wizards were on hand.
Blatche, who was joined by second-year player Hamady Ndiaye and rookie Chris Singleton, is hopeful that last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick John Wall and forward Rashard Lewis will be on hand on Tuesday.
No they are not. Wall and Lewis are among the guys in Las Vegas right now for the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series, which tipped-off Monday. Those guys are not leaving Vegas.
It’s a nice idea by Blatche… but it’s all just so very Wizards somehow.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7