Sep 12, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
The summer of pro-am games is not over, but we have now finally found one that will not involve Kevin Durant. (Actually, there are reports he might play, even though he has no ties to either side.)
Philadelphia vs. the Melo League from Baltimore is now set for Sept. 25 at The Palestra (the gym on the Penn campus), reports CSNPhilly.com.
They also have the lineups, and this looks like a fun one.
Team Philly will include Hakim Warrick (Phoenix Suns), Markieff Morris (Phoenix Suns), Marcus Morris (Houston Rockets), Lou Williams (Sixers), Kyle Lowry (Houston Rockets), John Salmons (Sacramento Kings), Wayne Ellington (Minnesota Timberwolves), Jason Thompson (Sacramento Kings), former NBA player Flip Murray and Philly street ball legend Aaron “AO” Owens.
Team Melo, comprised of players from the Baltimore area, will include Anthony, Josh Selby (Memphis Grizzlies), Donte Greene (Sacramento Kings), Gary Neal (San Antonio Spurs), Eric Bledsoe (Los Angeles Clippers) and more….
Pro-am The Chosen League is organizing the Philly side. This game follows in the footsteps of games by the Drew League and Goodman League against each other plus other opponents. The Goodman League also has an upcoming game against Rucker Park in New York.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 41
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11