Sep 12, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
The summer of pro-am games is not over, but we have now finally found one that will not involve Kevin Durant. (Actually, there are reports he might play, even though he has no ties to either side.)
Philadelphia vs. the Melo League from Baltimore is now set for Sept. 25 at The Palestra (the gym on the Penn campus), reports CSNPhilly.com.
They also have the lineups, and this looks like a fun one.
Team Philly will include Hakim Warrick (Phoenix Suns), Markieff Morris (Phoenix Suns), Marcus Morris (Houston Rockets), Lou Williams (Sixers), Kyle Lowry (Houston Rockets), John Salmons (Sacramento Kings), Wayne Ellington (Minnesota Timberwolves), Jason Thompson (Sacramento Kings), former NBA player Flip Murray and Philly street ball legend Aaron “AO” Owens.
Team Melo, comprised of players from the Baltimore area, will include Anthony, Josh Selby (Memphis Grizzlies), Donte Greene (Sacramento Kings), Gary Neal (San Antonio Spurs), Eric Bledsoe (Los Angeles Clippers) and more….
Pro-am The Chosen League is organizing the Philly side. This game follows in the footsteps of games by the Drew League and Goodman League against each other plus other opponents. The Goodman League also has an upcoming game against Rucker Park in New York.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8