Sep 12, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Essentially, NBA players union president Derek Fisher went on twitter today to deny telling players they should get in shape for the upcoming season while saying they should be doing exactly that. That’s some lockout logic.
We told you about reports Derek Fisher texted NBA players telling them to be in case training camps open on time. Fisher is walking that walk and will play some in the Las Vegas Impact training series.
But he denied making that text on his twitter account today.
While the reports of my texts are false, I will say that I have & will continue to urge our players to stay ready for a season.
We want to go back to work.
That would be some lockout public relations right there.
Note to Derek Fisher and the NBA negotiators: You all keep saying how you want to go back to work, how you want this season to happen. This week is your chance to prove that you meant it, that those are not just the empty words of people playing politics. Both sides need to come together and compromise, or you will look as hypocritical as the politicians all over our nation’s capital talking unity on the anniversary of 9/11 and going back to partisan bickering the next day.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16