Sep 12, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
Essentially, NBA players union president Derek Fisher went on twitter today to deny telling players they should get in shape for the upcoming season while saying they should be doing exactly that. That’s some lockout logic.
We told you about reports Derek Fisher texted NBA players telling them to be in case training camps open on time. Fisher is walking that walk and will play some in the Las Vegas Impact training series.
But he denied making that text on his twitter account today.
While the reports of my texts are false, I will say that I have & will continue to urge our players to stay ready for a season.
We want to go back to work.
That would be some lockout public relations right there.
Note to Derek Fisher and the NBA negotiators: You all keep saying how you want to go back to work, how you want this season to happen. This week is your chance to prove that you meant it, that those are not just the empty words of people playing politics. Both sides need to come together and compromise, or you will look as hypocritical as the politicians all over our nation’s capital talking unity on the anniversary of 9/11 and going back to partisan bickering the next day.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30