Sep 12, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Essentially, NBA players union president Derek Fisher went on twitter today to deny telling players they should get in shape for the upcoming season while saying they should be doing exactly that. That’s some lockout logic.
We told you about reports Derek Fisher texted NBA players telling them to be in case training camps open on time. Fisher is walking that walk and will play some in the Las Vegas Impact training series.
But he denied making that text on his twitter account today.
While the reports of my texts are false, I will say that I have & will continue to urge our players to stay ready for a season.
We want to go back to work.
That would be some lockout public relations right there.
Note to Derek Fisher and the NBA negotiators: You all keep saying how you want to go back to work, how you want this season to happen. This week is your chance to prove that you meant it, that those are not just the empty words of people playing politics. Both sides need to come together and compromise, or you will look as hypocritical as the politicians all over our nation’s capital talking unity on the anniversary of 9/11 and going back to partisan bickering the next day.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2