Sep 12, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Essentially, NBA players union president Derek Fisher went on twitter today to deny telling players they should get in shape for the upcoming season while saying they should be doing exactly that. That’s some lockout logic.
We told you about reports Derek Fisher texted NBA players telling them to be in case training camps open on time. Fisher is walking that walk and will play some in the Las Vegas Impact training series.
But he denied making that text on his twitter account today.
While the reports of my texts are false, I will say that I have & will continue to urge our players to stay ready for a season.
We want to go back to work.
That would be some lockout public relations right there.
Note to Derek Fisher and the NBA negotiators: You all keep saying how you want to go back to work, how you want this season to happen. This week is your chance to prove that you meant it, that those are not just the empty words of people playing politics. Both sides need to come together and compromise, or you will look as hypocritical as the politicians all over our nation’s capital talking unity on the anniversary of 9/11 and going back to partisan bickering the next day.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37