Sep 12, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
Milwaukee does not usually come up on top of a player’s list of desired free agent destinations. That despite the city’s fantastic array of bratwursts eateries.
But Joel Przybilla is the exception — hw wants to come back and play there.
Przybilla is a free agent looking to hook on somewhere next season as a backup big at age 32. He started his career with the Bucks and told the Journal Times he would like finish it there.
“Milwaukee will be one of my top teams, definitely,” Przybilla said in a telephone interview. “For me, Milwaukee is home. For me, the biggest thing in my life is my family and I think this where we’ll probably spend the rest of our lives.”
Przybilla played in just 36 games and struggled last season to the point no team may take a shot on him, but he said that was due to his knee, which is much better now.
“Last season it was probably about 50 percent,” Przybilla said. “I never said anything about that or complained about it. I just went out and played. I would say it’s 90 percent now. If I didn’t think my knee was fine, I wouldn’t give this another chance.”
Andrew Bogut is clearly the man in the middle for the Bucks (and his elbow needs to be 100 percent and he needs to bounce back for them to step forward, but that’s another column for another day). They need a backup for him, and they may give Przybilla a look (the team can’t talk about him during the lockout). If Przybilla’s knee is right he might make a solid backup — he’s good defensively, which matters to Scott Skiles more than points — but after last season he is going to have to pass some physicals and prove he belongs on an NBA roster again.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13