Sep 12, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
Milwaukee does not usually come up on top of a player’s list of desired free agent destinations. That despite the city’s fantastic array of bratwursts eateries.
But Joel Przybilla is the exception — hw wants to come back and play there.
Przybilla is a free agent looking to hook on somewhere next season as a backup big at age 32. He started his career with the Bucks and told the Journal Times he would like finish it there.
“Milwaukee will be one of my top teams, definitely,” Przybilla said in a telephone interview. “For me, Milwaukee is home. For me, the biggest thing in my life is my family and I think this where we’ll probably spend the rest of our lives.”
Przybilla played in just 36 games and struggled last season to the point no team may take a shot on him, but he said that was due to his knee, which is much better now.
“Last season it was probably about 50 percent,” Przybilla said. “I never said anything about that or complained about it. I just went out and played. I would say it’s 90 percent now. If I didn’t think my knee was fine, I wouldn’t give this another chance.”
Andrew Bogut is clearly the man in the middle for the Bucks (and his elbow needs to be 100 percent and he needs to bounce back for them to step forward, but that’s another column for another day). They need a backup for him, and they may give Przybilla a look (the team can’t talk about him during the lockout). If Przybilla’s knee is right he might make a solid backup — he’s good defensively, which matters to Scott Skiles more than points — but after last season he is going to have to pass some physicals and prove he belongs on an NBA roster again.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with energy, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 1
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 10
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4