Sep 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Seriously, are the Nuggets the only team outside of the Rockets and Lakers on television in China? Is there some sort of affinity for the powder blue? What is the deal with Chinese teams going after Denver Nuggets free agents, potentially keeping them out of the NBA when it resumes this year, if it resumes this year? After J.R. Smith‘s conversations and Wilson Chandler‘s done deal, looks like another Nugget is on the CBA radar:
A third free agent who played for the Nuggets last year is in serious talks to play in China.
Kenyon Martin has received significant interest from two professional teams in the Chinese Basketball Association, which would make him the highest-paid player in the history of that league, a source said today.
Martin’s effectiveness has severely deteriorated with injury and age, but he’s a known quantity and has some name value. Martin may not wind up with the Nuggets regardless, though they are hurting for power forward help since that’s the one position they didn’t cash in on in the Melo trade, though they did draft Kenneth Faried.
It’s just odd that there could be three Nuggets free agents all playing in China next year. It’s like some sort of conspiracy. I’m getting all freaked out just writing about it.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13