Sep 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Seriously, are the Nuggets the only team outside of the Rockets and Lakers on television in China? Is there some sort of affinity for the powder blue? What is the deal with Chinese teams going after Denver Nuggets free agents, potentially keeping them out of the NBA when it resumes this year, if it resumes this year? After J.R. Smith‘s conversations and Wilson Chandler‘s done deal, looks like another Nugget is on the CBA radar:
A third free agent who played for the Nuggets last year is in serious talks to play in China.
Kenyon Martin has received significant interest from two professional teams in the Chinese Basketball Association, which would make him the highest-paid player in the history of that league, a source said today.
Martin’s effectiveness has severely deteriorated with injury and age, but he’s a known quantity and has some name value. Martin may not wind up with the Nuggets regardless, though they are hurting for power forward help since that’s the one position they didn’t cash in on in the Melo trade, though they did draft Kenneth Faried.
It’s just odd that there could be three Nuggets free agents all playing in China next year. It’s like some sort of conspiracy. I’m getting all freaked out just writing about it.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 11
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 11
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 32
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games