Sep 9, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Antonio Burks was a former Memphis guard who had been out of the NBA a few years when he was shot during a dice game back in 2009.
This week, Darquan Lynneral Swift (age 20) was sentenced to 97 years for that crime, reports the Associated Press (via Eye on Basketball).
Burks testified at Swift’s trial that Swift shot him in the stomach and then tried to shoot him in the head but the gun jammed. He said he will remember Swift’s face for the rest of his life.
Burks is a Memphis guy — born there, played his high school ball there, went to the University of Memphis and he played two seasons for the Grizzlies.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19