Sep 9, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Antonio Burks was a former Memphis guard who had been out of the NBA a few years when he was shot during a dice game back in 2009.
This week, Darquan Lynneral Swift (age 20) was sentenced to 97 years for that crime, reports the Associated Press (via Eye on Basketball).
Burks testified at Swift’s trial that Swift shot him in the stomach and then tried to shoot him in the head but the gun jammed. He said he will remember Swift’s face for the rest of his life.
Burks is a Memphis guy — born there, played his high school ball there, went to the University of Memphis and he played two seasons for the Grizzlies.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 11
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13