Sep 8, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
There are spots throughout the country where high-level off-season pickup games take place. Ones without the public presence of things like the Drew League or the Goodman League — just places where NBA guys show up because they know they can get a good run.
UCLA is one of those. Has been for years.
And the UCLA games come with just one rule — one UCLA student has to be part of every game. (Usually this is a guy from UCLA’s team.)
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43