Sep 8, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
There are spots throughout the country where high-level off-season pickup games take place. Ones without the public presence of things like the Drew League or the Goodman League — just places where NBA guys show up because they know they can get a good run.
UCLA is one of those. Has been for years.
And the UCLA games come with just one rule — one UCLA student has to be part of every game. (Usually this is a guy from UCLA’s team.)
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)