Sep 8, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
There are spots throughout the country where high-level off-season pickup games take place. Ones without the public presence of things like the Drew League or the Goodman League — just places where NBA guys show up because they know they can get a good run.
UCLA is one of those. Has been for years.
And the UCLA games come with just one rule — one UCLA student has to be part of every game. (Usually this is a guy from UCLA’s team.)
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 33
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8