Sep 8, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
There are spots throughout the country where high-level off-season pickup games take place. Ones without the public presence of things like the Drew League or the Goodman League — just places where NBA guys show up because they know they can get a good run.
UCLA is one of those. Has been for years.
And the UCLA games come with just one rule — one UCLA student has to be part of every game. (Usually this is a guy from UCLA’s team.)
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 6
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8