Sep 8, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Kobe Bryant was the talk of twitter Wednesday night. It’s not the first time, from hitting game winners to just being Kobe in post game conversations he’s been the buzz of twitter.
But Wednesday it was because he joined twitter.
For about three hours. Then the account was shut down after one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”). Kobe’s official Facebook page was promoting it. Kobe racked up 35,000 followers in that hour.
So what was going on? They had the answer over at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
A source close to Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Bryant’s Twitter feed will return in the future and that a social media professional assisting Bryant in setting up the account “may have jumped the gun.” The source said Bryant will spend more time familiarizing himself with Twitter before the account goes live again.
May? May have jumped the gun?
Once it goes live, do you think Kobe will be doing the tweets himself? No. Unless the twitter feed uses a lot of profanity, sarcasm and slaps around some other players don’t bet on it. The real Kobe is fascinating, but you get the feeling this twitter feed will be more about marking than insight.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 6
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12