Sep 8, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant was the talk of twitter Wednesday night. It’s not the first time, from hitting game winners to just being Kobe in post game conversations he’s been the buzz of twitter.
But Wednesday it was because he joined twitter.
For about three hours. Then the account was shut down after one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”). Kobe’s official Facebook page was promoting it. Kobe racked up 35,000 followers in that hour.
So what was going on? They had the answer over at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
A source close to Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Bryant’s Twitter feed will return in the future and that a social media professional assisting Bryant in setting up the account “may have jumped the gun.” The source said Bryant will spend more time familiarizing himself with Twitter before the account goes live again.
May? May have jumped the gun?
Once it goes live, do you think Kobe will be doing the tweets himself? No. Unless the twitter feed uses a lot of profanity, sarcasm and slaps around some other players don’t bet on it. The real Kobe is fascinating, but you get the feeling this twitter feed will be more about marking than insight.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 26
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10