Sep 8, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant was the talk of twitter Wednesday night. It’s not the first time, from hitting game winners to just being Kobe in post game conversations he’s been the buzz of twitter.
But Wednesday it was because he joined twitter.
For about three hours. Then the account was shut down after one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”). Kobe’s official Facebook page was promoting it. Kobe racked up 35,000 followers in that hour.
So what was going on? They had the answer over at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
A source close to Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Bryant’s Twitter feed will return in the future and that a social media professional assisting Bryant in setting up the account “may have jumped the gun.” The source said Bryant will spend more time familiarizing himself with Twitter before the account goes live again.
May? May have jumped the gun?
Once it goes live, do you think Kobe will be doing the tweets himself? No. Unless the twitter feed uses a lot of profanity, sarcasm and slaps around some other players don’t bet on it. The real Kobe is fascinating, but you get the feeling this twitter feed will be more about marking than insight.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32