Sep 8, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Kobe Bryant was the talk of twitter Wednesday night. It’s not the first time, from hitting game winners to just being Kobe in post game conversations he’s been the buzz of twitter.
But Wednesday it was because he joined twitter.
For about three hours. Then the account was shut down after one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”). Kobe’s official Facebook page was promoting it. Kobe racked up 35,000 followers in that hour.
So what was going on? They had the answer over at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
A source close to Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Bryant’s Twitter feed will return in the future and that a social media professional assisting Bryant in setting up the account “may have jumped the gun.” The source said Bryant will spend more time familiarizing himself with Twitter before the account goes live again.
May? May have jumped the gun?
Once it goes live, do you think Kobe will be doing the tweets himself? No. Unless the twitter feed uses a lot of profanity, sarcasm and slaps around some other players don’t bet on it. The real Kobe is fascinating, but you get the feeling this twitter feed will be more about marking than insight.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)