Sep 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
The Melo League bares the name of Carmelo Anthony — he helped pay for the youth center in Baltimore that among many things hosts the summer pro-am league of some renowned.
The same league that just took on and beat the Goodman League in a showdown. Which makes this report a little cold hearted.
‘Melo had two cell phones stolen at the ‘Melo League game, according to the New York Post.
Anthony’s two cellphones were stolen by an unidentified attendee after the competition. “Fans bum-rushed the court to get close to the guys after the game,” a source told Page Six. “Carmelo’s phones were stolen during all of the chaos.” Fans on Twitter caught wind of the missing phones and tweeted to help him find them. But a rep said they have not been returned to Anthony, who played alongside the Miami Heat’s LeBron James at the charity event at Morgan State University.
Sure, Anthony can afford a couple more cell phones (many NBA players have two, keeping business and personal separate). But man, that is just cold people. Cold.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 2
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 6
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11