Sep 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
The Melo League bares the name of Carmelo Anthony — he helped pay for the youth center in Baltimore that among many things hosts the summer pro-am league of some renowned.
The same league that just took on and beat the Goodman League in a showdown. Which makes this report a little cold hearted.
‘Melo had two cell phones stolen at the ‘Melo League game, according to the New York Post.
Anthony’s two cellphones were stolen by an unidentified attendee after the competition. “Fans bum-rushed the court to get close to the guys after the game,” a source told Page Six. “Carmelo’s phones were stolen during all of the chaos.” Fans on Twitter caught wind of the missing phones and tweeted to help him find them. But a rep said they have not been returned to Anthony, who played alongside the Miami Heat’s LeBron James at the charity event at Morgan State University.
Sure, Anthony can afford a couple more cell phones (many NBA players have two, keeping business and personal separate). But man, that is just cold people. Cold.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36