Sep 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
The Melo League bares the name of Carmelo Anthony — he helped pay for the youth center in Baltimore that among many things hosts the summer pro-am league of some renowned.
The same league that just took on and beat the Goodman League in a showdown. Which makes this report a little cold hearted.
‘Melo had two cell phones stolen at the ‘Melo League game, according to the New York Post.
Anthony’s two cellphones were stolen by an unidentified attendee after the competition. “Fans bum-rushed the court to get close to the guys after the game,” a source told Page Six. “Carmelo’s phones were stolen during all of the chaos.” Fans on Twitter caught wind of the missing phones and tweeted to help him find them. But a rep said they have not been returned to Anthony, who played alongside the Miami Heat’s LeBron James at the charity event at Morgan State University.
Sure, Anthony can afford a couple more cell phones (many NBA players have two, keeping business and personal separate). But man, that is just cold people. Cold.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65