Sep 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
The Melo League bares the name of Carmelo Anthony — he helped pay for the youth center in Baltimore that among many things hosts the summer pro-am league of some renowned.
The same league that just took on and beat the Goodman League in a showdown. Which makes this report a little cold hearted.
‘Melo had two cell phones stolen at the ‘Melo League game, according to the New York Post.
Anthony’s two cellphones were stolen by an unidentified attendee after the competition. “Fans bum-rushed the court to get close to the guys after the game,” a source told Page Six. “Carmelo’s phones were stolen during all of the chaos.” Fans on Twitter caught wind of the missing phones and tweeted to help him find them. But a rep said they have not been returned to Anthony, who played alongside the Miami Heat’s LeBron James at the charity event at Morgan State University.
Sure, Anthony can afford a couple more cell phones (many NBA players have two, keeping business and personal separate). But man, that is just cold people. Cold.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4