Sep 7, 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
NBA players are thinking a lot like us. That talks during first few months of the NBA lockout were more theater than negotiations.
That now things are changing.
Suns swingman Jared Dudley is in Las Vegas right now getting in shape for the eventual season and he and other NBA players will be competing in the Impact Training Series games that are open to the public starting next week (more on that later today). NBA players are landing in Vegas for the series (there are upwards of 45 confirmed now) and Dudley said the mood is cautious but hopeful.
“I think guys are still kind of tentative, but they are like ‘hey, we’re going in the right direction,’” Dudley told ProBasketballTalk. “Nobody is happy, people just say ‘now it’s started.’ Before it was all like fake smoke, now we know it’s getting started.
“There’s going to be ups and down, some meetings will be good, but it kind of seems the NBA and the union have come together and said ‘hey, it’s crunch time, let’s get it going.’”
Both sides have said there is still time to salvage training camps and a full season. That seems a long shot — they are serious but there is some serious ground to make up — but at least things seem to be getting serious. Everyone can apparently feel it.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 7
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 1
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 39
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 24
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (66)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay