Sep 7, 2011, 9:19 PM EDT
While working the last couple of days, I’ve been watching the rain fall in Queens. Theoretically I was trying to watch the U.S. Open and not Brad Gilbert’s ramblings, but the rain in NYC gave me the raw end of that deal.
Still, the establishing shots got me thinking about New York, and from there the Knicks and the legends of that franchise.
And one of my favorite guys to watch highlights of is Bernard King, as pure a scorer as the league has ever seen. Don’t take my word for it, here is Charles Barkley on NBA TV.
And in case you haven’t seen what he was all about, here is King dropping 60 on the Nets in 1984.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 0
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 3
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 33
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37