Sep 7, 2011, 9:19 PM EST
While working the last couple of days, I’ve been watching the rain fall in Queens. Theoretically I was trying to watch the U.S. Open and not Brad Gilbert’s ramblings, but the rain in NYC gave me the raw end of that deal.
Still, the establishing shots got me thinking about New York, and from there the Knicks and the legends of that franchise.
And one of my favorite guys to watch highlights of is Bernard King, as pure a scorer as the league has ever seen. Don’t take my word for it, here is Charles Barkley on NBA TV.
And in case you haven’t seen what he was all about, here is King dropping 60 on the Nets in 1984.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12