Sep 7, 2011, 9:19 PM EDT
While working the last couple of days, I’ve been watching the rain fall in Queens. Theoretically I was trying to watch the U.S. Open and not Brad Gilbert’s ramblings, but the rain in NYC gave me the raw end of that deal.
Still, the establishing shots got me thinking about New York, and from there the Knicks and the legends of that franchise.
And one of my favorite guys to watch highlights of is Bernard King, as pure a scorer as the league has ever seen. Don’t take my word for it, here is Charles Barkley on NBA TV.
And in case you haven’t seen what he was all about, here is King dropping 60 on the Nets in 1984.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50