Sep 7, 2011, 9:19 PM EST
While working the last couple of days, I’ve been watching the rain fall in Queens. Theoretically I was trying to watch the U.S. Open and not Brad Gilbert’s ramblings, but the rain in NYC gave me the raw end of that deal.
Still, the establishing shots got me thinking about New York, and from there the Knicks and the legends of that franchise.
And one of my favorite guys to watch highlights of is Bernard King, as pure a scorer as the league has ever seen. Don’t take my word for it, here is Charles Barkley on NBA TV.
And in case you haven’t seen what he was all about, here is King dropping 60 on the Nets in 1984.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1