Sep 7, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
I love Jordan Hamilton’s confidence.
Not sure he’s very familiar with the coach and situation he will find himself in once the lockout ends, but love that confidence. Don’t ever lose that.
The first-round draft pick out of Texas finds himself in Denver and sounds as sure of himself as ever — particularly his ability to score — in an interview with Hoopshype.
I don’t know. I think I can bring some scoring in, and as a rookie I think there’s the possibility I can be the leading scorer next season among rookies. I think I’ve got the confidence enough (to do it).
The confidence? Sure, he has that. The minutes? Well that’s another thing. First, we are talking about George Karl here, not a guy known for leaning heavily on rookies. And with this Nuggets team he will not have to — at the small forward/swing spot they can put Danilo Gallinari, Al Harrington, Gary Forbes and maybe Arron Affalo if they want to go small. And that’s not even counting J.R. Smith, who could be re-signed. Good luck finding a bunch of minutes in there, Hamilton.
All of which is to say, Jordan Hamilton is going to have to play good defense and really earn his minutes. Prove wrong your rep as hard to coach (remember that slide down the draft board?), keep your head down and fit in. Scoring helps, but do it within the offense. Do that and you’ll get your chance.
Just don’t try to impress George Karl by shooting a lot rookie. Trust me on that one.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona