Sep 7, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:19 pm: Amar’e Stoudemire himself said his back is getting better. Or at least it’s getting better at a faster pace than the NBA Labor talks are getting better. Basically, he’ll be ready to go Oct. 1 if the league is. From the New York Post.
“I feel great,’’ Stoudemire said. “Been resting all summer. That’s been my main priority and I feel great.’’
1:04 pm: If Amar’e Stoudemire needs advice on working through a back injury, he may want to call former teammate Steve Nash.
Stoudemire has not fully recovered from a back injury he suffered before Game 2 of the Knicks’ first-round series against Boston last April. A Knicks source claims that Stoudemire is approximately “90% healthy” but couldn’t guarantee that the six-time All-Star would be available if the NBA season begins on time.
Stoudemire, who took most of July off to rest his back, is scheduled to resume workouts in Florida within the next couple of weeks.
Stoudemire wasn’t just taking the summer off to build a fashion empire, he was resting his back. Doctor’s orders.
Bottom line, Stoudemire is the one guy happy the lockout is going to cost the league a few games. Or, if not happy, we’ll go with relieved. The lockout ends up being good for him. A little.
Backs are the kind of thing that has to heal or it can become chronic. Get it right now so that this isn’t flaring up next playoffs
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 0
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 2
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 31
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39