Sep 7, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
UPDATE 3:19 pm: Amar’e Stoudemire himself said his back is getting better. Or at least it’s getting better at a faster pace than the NBA Labor talks are getting better. Basically, he’ll be ready to go Oct. 1 if the league is. From the New York Post.
“I feel great,’’ Stoudemire said. “Been resting all summer. That’s been my main priority and I feel great.’’
1:04 pm: If Amar’e Stoudemire needs advice on working through a back injury, he may want to call former teammate Steve Nash.
Stoudemire has not fully recovered from a back injury he suffered before Game 2 of the Knicks’ first-round series against Boston last April. A Knicks source claims that Stoudemire is approximately “90% healthy” but couldn’t guarantee that the six-time All-Star would be available if the NBA season begins on time.
Stoudemire, who took most of July off to rest his back, is scheduled to resume workouts in Florida within the next couple of weeks.
Stoudemire wasn’t just taking the summer off to build a fashion empire, he was resting his back. Doctor’s orders.
Bottom line, Stoudemire is the one guy happy the lockout is going to cost the league a few games. Or, if not happy, we’ll go with relieved. The lockout ends up being good for him. A little.
Backs are the kind of thing that has to heal or it can become chronic. Get it right now so that this isn’t flaring up next playoffs
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)