Sep 7, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:19 pm: Amar’e Stoudemire himself said his back is getting better. Or at least it’s getting better at a faster pace than the NBA Labor talks are getting better. Basically, he’ll be ready to go Oct. 1 if the league is. From the New York Post.
“I feel great,’’ Stoudemire said. “Been resting all summer. That’s been my main priority and I feel great.’’
1:04 pm: If Amar’e Stoudemire needs advice on working through a back injury, he may want to call former teammate Steve Nash.
Stoudemire has not fully recovered from a back injury he suffered before Game 2 of the Knicks’ first-round series against Boston last April. A Knicks source claims that Stoudemire is approximately “90% healthy” but couldn’t guarantee that the six-time All-Star would be available if the NBA season begins on time.
Stoudemire, who took most of July off to rest his back, is scheduled to resume workouts in Florida within the next couple of weeks.
Stoudemire wasn’t just taking the summer off to build a fashion empire, he was resting his back. Doctor’s orders.
Bottom line, Stoudemire is the one guy happy the lockout is going to cost the league a few games. Or, if not happy, we’ll go with relieved. The lockout ends up being good for him. A little.
Backs are the kind of thing that has to heal or it can become chronic. Get it right now so that this isn’t flaring up next playoffs
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23