Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Behind Zaza Pachulia, the team from Georgia has made it into the second round of EuroBasket. The Hawks big man was giving his native country 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Notice we said was, that is because he is injured and will miss the rest of the tournament.
He will miss a month, according to EPM.ge, a Georgian publication (via I am a GM). The injury happened during a loss Monday to Bulgaria. Without him, there is little chance Georgia advances to the knockout round of EuroBasket.
Normally we would say this could impact him at the start of Hawks training camp, but that appears not to be an issue right now. He likely will have plenty of time for it to heal.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants