Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Behind Zaza Pachulia, the team from Georgia has made it into the second round of EuroBasket. The Hawks big man was giving his native country 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Notice we said was, that is because he is injured and will miss the rest of the tournament.
He will miss a month, according to EPM.ge, a Georgian publication (via I am a GM). The injury happened during a loss Monday to Bulgaria. Without him, there is little chance Georgia advances to the knockout round of EuroBasket.
Normally we would say this could impact him at the start of Hawks training camp, but that appears not to be an issue right now. He likely will have plenty of time for it to heal.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33