Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Behind Zaza Pachulia, the team from Georgia has made it into the second round of EuroBasket. The Hawks big man was giving his native country 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Notice we said was, that is because he is injured and will miss the rest of the tournament.
He will miss a month, according to EPM.ge, a Georgian publication (via I am a GM). The injury happened during a loss Monday to Bulgaria. Without him, there is little chance Georgia advances to the knockout round of EuroBasket.
Normally we would say this could impact him at the start of Hawks training camp, but that appears not to be an issue right now. He likely will have plenty of time for it to heal.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43