Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Behind Zaza Pachulia, the team from Georgia has made it into the second round of EuroBasket. The Hawks big man was giving his native country 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Notice we said was, that is because he is injured and will miss the rest of the tournament.
He will miss a month, according to EPM.ge, a Georgian publication (via I am a GM). The injury happened during a loss Monday to Bulgaria. Without him, there is little chance Georgia advances to the knockout round of EuroBasket.
Normally we would say this could impact him at the start of Hawks training camp, but that appears not to be an issue right now. He likely will have plenty of time for it to heal.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 0
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 14
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 14
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5