Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
Behind Zaza Pachulia, the team from Georgia has made it into the second round of EuroBasket. The Hawks big man was giving his native country 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
Notice we said was, that is because he is injured and will miss the rest of the tournament.
He will miss a month, according to EPM.ge, a Georgian publication (via I am a GM). The injury happened during a loss Monday to Bulgaria. Without him, there is little chance Georgia advances to the knockout round of EuroBasket.
Normally we would say this could impact him at the start of Hawks training camp, but that appears not to be an issue right now. He likely will have plenty of time for it to heal.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 0
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 15
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 7
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 13
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 26
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4