Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Ah Maryland, the beautiful state on the Eastern seaboard. Member of the original 13 colonies. The state that gave us Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Jr. The state that is home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Maryland, where the official state song — Maryland my Maryland — refers to Abraham Lincoln as a “tyrant” and a “despot” (it was written at the onset of the Civil War).
Maryland, know that Kevin Durant loves you. A lot.
So fond is he of his native Maryland that he got this new back tattoo (at the bottom of the post). Which is an impressive piece of work, first off. And we might suggest that he is now seriously committed to the number 35.
The image is off of Durant’s twitter account.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40