Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 AM EST
Ah Maryland, the beautiful state on the Eastern seaboard. Member of the original 13 colonies. The state that gave us Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Jr. The state that is home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Maryland, where the official state song — Maryland my Maryland — refers to Abraham Lincoln as a “tyrant” and a “despot” (it was written at the onset of the Civil War).
Maryland, know that Kevin Durant loves you. A lot.
So fond is he of his native Maryland that he got this new back tattoo (at the bottom of the post). Which is an impressive piece of work, first off. And we might suggest that he is now seriously committed to the number 35.
The image is off of Durant’s twitter account.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20