Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Ah Maryland, the beautiful state on the Eastern seaboard. Member of the original 13 colonies. The state that gave us Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Jr. The state that is home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Maryland, where the official state song — Maryland my Maryland — refers to Abraham Lincoln as a “tyrant” and a “despot” (it was written at the onset of the Civil War).
Maryland, know that Kevin Durant loves you. A lot.
So fond is he of his native Maryland that he got this new back tattoo (at the bottom of the post). Which is an impressive piece of work, first off. And we might suggest that he is now seriously committed to the number 35.
The image is off of Durant’s twitter account.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 8
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 8
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 45
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record