Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Ah Maryland, the beautiful state on the Eastern seaboard. Member of the original 13 colonies. The state that gave us Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Jr. The state that is home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Maryland, where the official state song — Maryland my Maryland — refers to Abraham Lincoln as a “tyrant” and a “despot” (it was written at the onset of the Civil War).
Maryland, know that Kevin Durant loves you. A lot.
So fond is he of his native Maryland that he got this new back tattoo (at the bottom of the post). Which is an impressive piece of work, first off. And we might suggest that he is now seriously committed to the number 35.
The image is off of Durant’s twitter account.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29