Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Ah Maryland, the beautiful state on the Eastern seaboard. Member of the original 13 colonies. The state that gave us Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Jr. The state that is home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Maryland, where the official state song — Maryland my Maryland — refers to Abraham Lincoln as a “tyrant” and a “despot” (it was written at the onset of the Civil War).
Maryland, know that Kevin Durant loves you. A lot.
So fond is he of his native Maryland that he got this new back tattoo (at the bottom of the post). Which is an impressive piece of work, first off. And we might suggest that he is now seriously committed to the number 35.
The image is off of Durant’s twitter account.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8