Sep 5, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Nate Robinson liked to do a little flirting with the NFL. Which was cute, but he is due $4 million next season as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder and if you think playing some hoops in Europe puts that at risk imagine what getting trying to tackle Chris Johnson will do.
So, the NFL is out, but that Europe hoops idea….
What is the status of Nate Robinson, who wanted to resume his career as a football player?
Aaron Goodwin: The NFL is an alternative but he did not say he wanted to play in the NFL. He just wants to play basketball for now. He is interested in coming to Europe during the lockout.
Which teams are interested in getting him?
Aaron Goodwin: We talked with many teams but we have never been close to a deal. I can’t name the teams but we have been in contact with teams playing in Greece, Russia, Turkey and China. There will also be a clause in his NBA contract. I won’t let any of my clients come abroad without a return clause in the NBA.
There you have it. There are talks (although China is out for Robinson because he could not get an NBA opt out). By the way, Goodwin said there are no real Kevin Durant going overseas talks going on. Which is fine, KD sees to be finding plenty to keep himself busy stateside.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12