Sep 4, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Remember when Mickael Pietrus was a pivotal member of a Finals team? That wasn’t that long ago, just 2009. It was his defensive length and hot shooting that helped the Magic win the East that season. Then he was downgraded for other options by the Magic, including Vince Carter (that certainly worked out well) before being shipped to Phoenix as part of the trades this past year that brought in Jason Richardson.
Now it seems that Pietrus may be moved. He certainly gave that impression with an interview with a French newspaper. From La Republique des Pyrenees:
“If I stay or not? I have no idea. At the end of the season, the club has rejected several offers for me. They preferred to wait, but it is quite possible that I will be traded. “
Pietrus has bucked at multiple stops about his role and how the team has traded him. He’s in an odd spot. He’s not good enough to be treated well but he’s good enough to warrant consideration. The result is Pietrus is constantly wondering where he stands with teams who won’t give him straight answers. If Pietrus were to improve on defense, he’d be more than enough of a role player to find some stability. Until then he’ll be wondering where he ends up. Maybe this lockout isn’t so bad for everyone after all.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)