Sep 4, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Remember when Mickael Pietrus was a pivotal member of a Finals team? That wasn’t that long ago, just 2009. It was his defensive length and hot shooting that helped the Magic win the East that season. Then he was downgraded for other options by the Magic, including Vince Carter (that certainly worked out well) before being shipped to Phoenix as part of the trades this past year that brought in Jason Richardson.
Now it seems that Pietrus may be moved. He certainly gave that impression with an interview with a French newspaper. From La Republique des Pyrenees:
“If I stay or not? I have no idea. At the end of the season, the club has rejected several offers for me. They preferred to wait, but it is quite possible that I will be traded. “
Pietrus has bucked at multiple stops about his role and how the team has traded him. He’s in an odd spot. He’s not good enough to be treated well but he’s good enough to warrant consideration. The result is Pietrus is constantly wondering where he stands with teams who won’t give him straight answers. If Pietrus were to improve on defense, he’d be more than enough of a role player to find some stability. Until then he’ll be wondering where he ends up. Maybe this lockout isn’t so bad for everyone after all.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19