Sep 4, 2011, 9:27 AM EST
Stephen Jackson never seemed too thrilled about being sent to Milwaukee. He had embraced the Bobcats, had taken them to the playoffs for the first time, and was comfortable, even if the fit wasn’t perfect. So it took him a while to make it to the Bucks. But the fact remains that even as an aging near-All-Star, Jackson is a veteran player who can fill up the scoreboard, plays great defense (which should be accentuated under Scott Skiles), and knows how to lead, something the Bucks could use. This could work.
From the Boston Globe’s interview with Bucks star Brandon Jennings, we know that he certainly thinks this is going to be the move that changes things for Milwaukee. From the Globe:
“The first day Stephen Jackson walked into the facility, I knew right then and there it was going to be a different year,’’ Jennings said. “And it’s going to be a year that I think we’re going to be successful.
“The thing about the NBA is the league gets better and better every year. It’s never going to be the same, so I think with Stephen Jackson and a healthy Andrew Bogut and Drew Gooden, I think we’ll be talented enough to play with any of the top teams in the East, hands down.’’
That’s an awful lot to put on a 33-year-old wing who also has the propensity to detonate into an ejection at any point. Seeing how Jackson and Skiles get along will be something to watch, and Jennings will have to be more efficient and a better decision maker. Andrew Bogut has to stay healthy. There’s a lot that has to go right just for the Bucks to improve.
But hey, Brandon Jennings believes, and that’s something, I suppose.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)