Sep 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
It was the game that started the buzz — West Coast vs. East Coast, Los Angeles vs. Washington D.C., Goodman League vs. Drew League. It was the game that set the stage for Goodman vs. Melo and soon Goodman vs. Rucker.
The Drew League wanted a rematch — Drew lost by 1 point, there was questionable officiating, and the Drew League guys were never told you can’t even foul out of the game. A couple of days ago, the Drew League tweeted that the rematch was coming.
Not so much. The rematch is not happening, according to the official Drew League twitter account.
Drew kept our promise but Goodman League did not so as of right now there will NOT be a rematch game in LA. We have moved on so stay tune.
Dont worry we figured they was gonna flake out, we already have other things line up, i will keep you guys posted!
Goodman is lined up to play Rucker Park in New York. But they are not playing Drew, which has some other stunt up its sleeve. Sorry James Harden, you don’t get a second shot at Durant… well, not until training camps open.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 1
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 1
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 10
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13