Sep 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Straight from Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski’s workaholic head to your eyes:
The Portland Trail Blazers have started the interview process for their vacant general manager’s job, meeting with Oklahoma City Thunder executive Troy Weaver in Portland on Thursday, NBA front-offices sources told Yahoo! Sports.More From Adrian WojnarowskiSpurs Blair to play in Russia during lockout Sep 2, 2011Pistons pick Singler gets deal in Spain Aug 22, 2011Weaver met with Blazers officials about replacing Rich Cho, who worked with Weaver under Oklahoma City Thunder GM Sam Presti.
So the Blazers are considering hiring a guy who worked with the guy who they just fired, who also works for the guy who used to work with the same guy who worked with the guy they fired before the other guy. (That’s Weaver, Cho, Presti, and Buford, in that order, by the way).
Sounds like pretty much the most Blazers plan possible.
Here’s a quick guide to whether you should take the Blazers job.
Question 1: Can you get along with Blazers owner Paul Allen?
Question 1 Subquestion A: Are you alive?
If the answer to Subquestion A is “Yes,” thank you for your consideration, but the Blazers will be looking at other options in the future.
If you’re Weaver and you’re offered the position, do you immediately start updating your resume, or do you wait until the first loss? Because we’re all certain you won’t be around in the year. There’s more turnover at the Blazers’ GM gig than at Claire’s at the mall with that jerkface Melissa Heathers. I see you Melissa! That eyeliner doesn’t accentuate your hips at all!
The Blazers are looking for a replacement to interim GM Chad Buchanon who withdrew from consideration for the position last month.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4