Sep 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Straight from Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski’s workaholic head to your eyes:
The Portland Trail Blazers have started the interview process for their vacant general manager’s job, meeting with Oklahoma City Thunder executive Troy Weaver in Portland on Thursday, NBA front-offices sources told Yahoo! Sports.More From Adrian WojnarowskiSpurs Blair to play in Russia during lockout Sep 2, 2011Pistons pick Singler gets deal in Spain Aug 22, 2011Weaver met with Blazers officials about replacing Rich Cho, who worked with Weaver under Oklahoma City Thunder GM Sam Presti.
So the Blazers are considering hiring a guy who worked with the guy who they just fired, who also works for the guy who used to work with the same guy who worked with the guy they fired before the other guy. (That’s Weaver, Cho, Presti, and Buford, in that order, by the way).
Sounds like pretty much the most Blazers plan possible.
Here’s a quick guide to whether you should take the Blazers job.
Question 1: Can you get along with Blazers owner Paul Allen?
Question 1 Subquestion A: Are you alive?
If the answer to Subquestion A is “Yes,” thank you for your consideration, but the Blazers will be looking at other options in the future.
If you’re Weaver and you’re offered the position, do you immediately start updating your resume, or do you wait until the first loss? Because we’re all certain you won’t be around in the year. There’s more turnover at the Blazers’ GM gig than at Claire’s at the mall with that jerkface Melissa Heathers. I see you Melissa! That eyeliner doesn’t accentuate your hips at all!
The Blazers are looking for a replacement to interim GM Chad Buchanon who withdrew from consideration for the position last month.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26