Sep 3, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Straight from Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski’s workaholic head to your eyes:
The Portland Trail Blazers have started the interview process for their vacant general manager’s job, meeting with Oklahoma City Thunder executive Troy Weaver in Portland on Thursday, NBA front-offices sources told Yahoo! Sports.More From Adrian WojnarowskiSpurs Blair to play in Russia during lockout Sep 2, 2011Pistons pick Singler gets deal in Spain Aug 22, 2011Weaver met with Blazers officials about replacing Rich Cho, who worked with Weaver under Oklahoma City Thunder GM Sam Presti.
So the Blazers are considering hiring a guy who worked with the guy who they just fired, who also works for the guy who used to work with the same guy who worked with the guy they fired before the other guy. (That’s Weaver, Cho, Presti, and Buford, in that order, by the way).
Sounds like pretty much the most Blazers plan possible.
Here’s a quick guide to whether you should take the Blazers job.
Question 1: Can you get along with Blazers owner Paul Allen?
Question 1 Subquestion A: Are you alive?
If the answer to Subquestion A is “Yes,” thank you for your consideration, but the Blazers will be looking at other options in the future.
If you’re Weaver and you’re offered the position, do you immediately start updating your resume, or do you wait until the first loss? Because we’re all certain you won’t be around in the year. There’s more turnover at the Blazers’ GM gig than at Claire’s at the mall with that jerkface Melissa Heathers. I see you Melissa! That eyeliner doesn’t accentuate your hips at all!
The Blazers are looking for a replacement to interim GM Chad Buchanon who withdrew from consideration for the position last month.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6