Sep 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
The Blazers are starting to get together a list of candidates for the vacant GM job. From Yahoo! Sports:
Portland has also received permission to interview Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Lindsey has spoken to Blazers officials by phone, but no formal face-to-face has yet been scheduled, a source said.
Blazers president Larry Miller has expressed a strong interest in former Golden State Warriors GM Chris Mullin, sources said. Mullin’s expected to talk with the Blazers too, sources said.
Lindsay would be yet another Blazer with Spurs connections to take a role in the front office. At this pace, every NBA front office outside of Minnesota and Los Angeles will be held by various Spurs. Lindsay has been on the radar for other jobs and it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see him nab it.
Mullin’s an interesting choice. His time in Golden State wasn’t flawless, but with better ownership and without the poisonous atmosphere in the bay, it’s possible he could surprise. He brings a known name, and perhaps most importantly is what Woj says his connection is. Rich Cho lost his job reportedly because he didn’t get along swimmingly with Paul Allen. Allen liking Mullin personally could give him what he needs to get the position, considering how that organization has been run. Being able to chat with Allen may be more important than being the best candidate. Mullin might be both.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30