Sep 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The Blazers are starting to get together a list of candidates for the vacant GM job. From Yahoo! Sports:
Portland has also received permission to interview Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Lindsey has spoken to Blazers officials by phone, but no formal face-to-face has yet been scheduled, a source said.
Blazers president Larry Miller has expressed a strong interest in former Golden State Warriors GM Chris Mullin, sources said. Mullin’s expected to talk with the Blazers too, sources said.
Lindsay would be yet another Blazer with Spurs connections to take a role in the front office. At this pace, every NBA front office outside of Minnesota and Los Angeles will be held by various Spurs. Lindsay has been on the radar for other jobs and it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see him nab it.
Mullin’s an interesting choice. His time in Golden State wasn’t flawless, but with better ownership and without the poisonous atmosphere in the bay, it’s possible he could surprise. He brings a known name, and perhaps most importantly is what Woj says his connection is. Rich Cho lost his job reportedly because he didn’t get along swimmingly with Paul Allen. Allen liking Mullin personally could give him what he needs to get the position, considering how that organization has been run. Being able to chat with Allen may be more important than being the best candidate. Mullin might be both.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15