Sep 3, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The Blazers are starting to get together a list of candidates for the vacant GM job. From Yahoo! Sports:
Portland has also received permission to interview Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Lindsey has spoken to Blazers officials by phone, but no formal face-to-face has yet been scheduled, a source said.
Blazers president Larry Miller has expressed a strong interest in former Golden State Warriors GM Chris Mullin, sources said. Mullin’s expected to talk with the Blazers too, sources said.
Lindsay would be yet another Blazer with Spurs connections to take a role in the front office. At this pace, every NBA front office outside of Minnesota and Los Angeles will be held by various Spurs. Lindsay has been on the radar for other jobs and it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see him nab it.
Mullin’s an interesting choice. His time in Golden State wasn’t flawless, but with better ownership and without the poisonous atmosphere in the bay, it’s possible he could surprise. He brings a known name, and perhaps most importantly is what Woj says his connection is. Rich Cho lost his job reportedly because he didn’t get along swimmingly with Paul Allen. Allen liking Mullin personally could give him what he needs to get the position, considering how that organization has been run. Being able to chat with Allen may be more important than being the best candidate. Mullin might be both.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20