Sep 3, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
On a day defined by the pageantry of universities engaged in fierce competition and the colorful imagery of teams like Oregon and Georgia showing off new post-space-age uniforms, we thought we’d bring you an image from the past of a game we won’t be seeing possibly until after college football is over.
Michael Jordan won the 1987 dunk contest, but Clyde “The Glide” Drexler had himself a nice showing. If we’re looking for iconic memories of the game that’s been buried as billionaire owners and millionaire owners continue to haggle over money, here’s one for the books.
That’s just pretty.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 5
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 51
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46