Sep 3, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
On a day defined by the pageantry of universities engaged in fierce competition and the colorful imagery of teams like Oregon and Georgia showing off new post-space-age uniforms, we thought we’d bring you an image from the past of a game we won’t be seeing possibly until after college football is over.
Michael Jordan won the 1987 dunk contest, but Clyde “The Glide” Drexler had himself a nice showing. If we’re looking for iconic memories of the game that’s been buried as billionaire owners and millionaire owners continue to haggle over money, here’s one for the books.
That’s just pretty.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 4
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20