Sep 3, 2011, 11:20 PM EST
On a day defined by the pageantry of universities engaged in fierce competition and the colorful imagery of teams like Oregon and Georgia showing off new post-space-age uniforms, we thought we’d bring you an image from the past of a game we won’t be seeing possibly until after college football is over.
Michael Jordan won the 1987 dunk contest, but Clyde “The Glide” Drexler had himself a nice showing. If we’re looking for iconic memories of the game that’s been buried as billionaire owners and millionaire owners continue to haggle over money, here’s one for the books.
That’s just pretty.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20