Sep 3, 2011, 11:20 PM EST
On a day defined by the pageantry of universities engaged in fierce competition and the colorful imagery of teams like Oregon and Georgia showing off new post-space-age uniforms, we thought we’d bring you an image from the past of a game we won’t be seeing possibly until after college football is over.
Michael Jordan won the 1987 dunk contest, but Clyde “The Glide” Drexler had himself a nice showing. If we’re looking for iconic memories of the game that’s been buried as billionaire owners and millionaire owners continue to haggle over money, here’s one for the books.
That’s just pretty.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)