Sep 3, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
On a day defined by the pageantry of universities engaged in fierce competition and the colorful imagery of teams like Oregon and Georgia showing off new post-space-age uniforms, we thought we’d bring you an image from the past of a game we won’t be seeing possibly until after college football is over.
Michael Jordan won the 1987 dunk contest, but Clyde “The Glide” Drexler had himself a nice showing. If we’re looking for iconic memories of the game that’s been buried as billionaire owners and millionaire owners continue to haggle over money, here’s one for the books.
That’s just pretty.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8