Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Blair has signed to play next season with Krasnye Krylya in Russia, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. The deal has an opt-out to return to the NBA once (or if) the lockout ends.
There’s an injury risk (and questions of Blair putting more miles on knees without ACLs) but that risk is anywhere. For Blair, this seems like a smart move. Blair is not paid like Deron Williams or even Tim Duncan. He has never made $1 million a season so it is understandable if he wants to make a little cash while staying in shape and working on his game.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31