Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Blair has signed to play next season with Krasnye Krylya in Russia, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. The deal has an opt-out to return to the NBA once (or if) the lockout ends.
There’s an injury risk (and questions of Blair putting more miles on knees without ACLs) but that risk is anywhere. For Blair, this seems like a smart move. Blair is not paid like Deron Williams or even Tim Duncan. He has never made $1 million a season so it is understandable if he wants to make a little cash while staying in shape and working on his game.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6