Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Blair has signed to play next season with Krasnye Krylya in Russia, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. The deal has an opt-out to return to the NBA once (or if) the lockout ends.
There’s an injury risk (and questions of Blair putting more miles on knees without ACLs) but that risk is anywhere. For Blair, this seems like a smart move. Blair is not paid like Deron Williams or even Tim Duncan. He has never made $1 million a season so it is understandable if he wants to make a little cash while staying in shape and working on his game.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11