Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Blair has signed to play next season with Krasnye Krylya in Russia, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. The deal has an opt-out to return to the NBA once (or if) the lockout ends.
There’s an injury risk (and questions of Blair putting more miles on knees without ACLs) but that risk is anywhere. For Blair, this seems like a smart move. Blair is not paid like Deron Williams or even Tim Duncan. He has never made $1 million a season so it is understandable if he wants to make a little cash while staying in shape and working on his game.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 3
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 10
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10