Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Blair has signed to play next season with Krasnye Krylya in Russia, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo. The deal has an opt-out to return to the NBA once (or if) the lockout ends.
There’s an injury risk (and questions of Blair putting more miles on knees without ACLs) but that risk is anywhere. For Blair, this seems like a smart move. Blair is not paid like Deron Williams or even Tim Duncan. He has never made $1 million a season so it is understandable if he wants to make a little cash while staying in shape and working on his game.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 15
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 14
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5