Sep 2, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
We’re just a couple days into EuroBasket, but if favorite Spain goes on to win the gold medal, Pau Gasol is headed to being named MVP of the tournament. He has looked like the old Gasol — not the one from the Dallas series in the playoffs — with a plethora of moves around the rim and a good midrange shot.
And if the NBA lockout drags on for a full season, he is taking those skills to Barcelona. Probably.
Not really a surprise. Gasol’s attitude is that of a lot of top NBA stars — they want to see how the lockout plays out for a little while, now that talks are getting serious, then make a decision if things look bleak in a couple months. The problem with that is a lot of the top European teams will have a set roster and may well not want to rent a player for half a season.
That said, Gasol may be the exception as he played in Barcelona before coming to the NBA. But there have been no formal talks between the sides. Yet.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38