Sep 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
How much does the Little General have in the tank?
We’re about to find out… well, “we’re” only includes you if you live in Russia. New Jersey Nets coach Avery Johnson is heading to Russia to play in a charity exhibition game with team owner Mikhail Prokhorov, reports the Star-Ledger.
Money raised at the Set. 6 event will go to help families of people that perished when a tourist cruise ship capsized and sank on a Russian river last month.
After that, Johnson will run a day of clinics for youth and some coaching seminars in Russia.
When the boss calls, what is Johnson going to do, say no? Besides, what else has he got to do? It’s not like he doesn’t have plenty of time to get ready for training camp.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15