Sep 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
How much does the Little General have in the tank?
We’re about to find out… well, “we’re” only includes you if you live in Russia. New Jersey Nets coach Avery Johnson is heading to Russia to play in a charity exhibition game with team owner Mikhail Prokhorov, reports the Star-Ledger.
Money raised at the Set. 6 event will go to help families of people that perished when a tourist cruise ship capsized and sank on a Russian river last month.
After that, Johnson will run a day of clinics for youth and some coaching seminars in Russia.
When the boss calls, what is Johnson going to do, say no? Besides, what else has he got to do? It’s not like he doesn’t have plenty of time to get ready for training camp.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 31
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 45
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 9
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11