Sep 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EST
How much does the Little General have in the tank?
We’re about to find out… well, “we’re” only includes you if you live in Russia. New Jersey Nets coach Avery Johnson is heading to Russia to play in a charity exhibition game with team owner Mikhail Prokhorov, reports the Star-Ledger.
Money raised at the Set. 6 event will go to help families of people that perished when a tourist cruise ship capsized and sank on a Russian river last month.
After that, Johnson will run a day of clinics for youth and some coaching seminars in Russia.
When the boss calls, what is Johnson going to do, say no? Besides, what else has he got to do? It’s not like he doesn’t have plenty of time to get ready for training camp.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 8
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 15
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3