Sep 2, 2011, 11:54 AM EDT
Lawrence Frank is detail oriented and very thorough. I’m not clinically trained to diagnose someone as obsessive. So I’ll let you judge for yourself.
Frank was given the freedom to hire his own staff, so he has left no stone unturned in his search for assistants, according to Pistons.com.
He’s talked to 31 coaches and says the process is close to completion, though he still won’t put a timetable on the unveiling of the new staff. He wants to get it right and he’s mindful of the chemistry that will result, so one commitment might affect the ensuing offer to the next candidate. What he didn’t want, he decided, was a staff filled with coaches cut from the same cloth.
That’s smart, I think the best organizations take input from a variety of positions and viewpoints then make their decisions. Frank was not yet naming names.
The guys that Frank hired had better be ready to work 12 hours days — during the lockout. When that ends things will get serious and he’ll expect a real commitment.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4