Sep 2, 2011, 11:54 AM EDT
Lawrence Frank is detail oriented and very thorough. I’m not clinically trained to diagnose someone as obsessive. So I’ll let you judge for yourself.
Frank was given the freedom to hire his own staff, so he has left no stone unturned in his search for assistants, according to Pistons.com.
He’s talked to 31 coaches and says the process is close to completion, though he still won’t put a timetable on the unveiling of the new staff. He wants to get it right and he’s mindful of the chemistry that will result, so one commitment might affect the ensuing offer to the next candidate. What he didn’t want, he decided, was a staff filled with coaches cut from the same cloth.
That’s smart, I think the best organizations take input from a variety of positions and viewpoints then make their decisions. Frank was not yet naming names.
The guys that Frank hired had better be ready to work 12 hours days — during the lockout. When that ends things will get serious and he’ll expect a real commitment.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42