Sep 2, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Garnett talked about playing with Shaquille O’Neal, which KG said made last season one of the most fun he has had in the NBA in a long time. And that led to an interesting note from KG about Shaq, as quoted at CSNNE.com.
Garnett told Patrick that the host had a better chance of hitting a ball over the Green Monster than scoring a basket in an NBA game. That led to an exchange in which Garnett recalled a softball game that the Celtics played at Fenway Park. Garnett said he hit one ball off of the Green Monster. He said Rajon Rondo hit two off the Wall and Shaquille O’Neal, of course, knocked one over the Monster.
Honestly, the fact that Shaq knocked one over the Green Monster does not shock me — he got heavy and injured late in his career but the man was freakishly athletic for his size. Remember how quick his spin moves were back in Orlando?
But Rondo hit the Green Monster twice? Now that does shock me.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30