Sep 2, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Garnett talked about playing with Shaquille O’Neal, which KG said made last season one of the most fun he has had in the NBA in a long time. And that led to an interesting note from KG about Shaq, as quoted at CSNNE.com.
Garnett told Patrick that the host had a better chance of hitting a ball over the Green Monster than scoring a basket in an NBA game. That led to an exchange in which Garnett recalled a softball game that the Celtics played at Fenway Park. Garnett said he hit one ball off of the Green Monster. He said Rajon Rondo hit two off the Wall and Shaquille O’Neal, of course, knocked one over the Monster.
Honestly, the fact that Shaq knocked one over the Green Monster does not shock me — he got heavy and injured late in his career but the man was freakishly athletic for his size. Remember how quick his spin moves were back in Orlando?
But Rondo hit the Green Monster twice? Now that does shock me.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12