Sep 1, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:58 am: Well, that didn’t take long.
“This is not true, I did not sign anything. Nothing is done. I did not commit to ASVEL during the lockout. There is insurance to pay, the case has stalled because I am playing with the National Team”
Note that he does not say it will not happen, just that there are insurance and other issues to work out. So this is not dead in the water, but it’s not all lined up right now.
8:14 am: In the NBA, there are rules against players owning a part of the team. France has no such qualms. (They don’t have qualms about a lot of things that disturb us here, but that’s another topic for another day.)
This is good news for Tony Parker. He is co-owner of a team in the top league in France and he has nothing to do during the lockout. So…
According to our informants, Tony Parker, starting point guard of the Spurs, will be wearing ASVEL’s jersey during the NBA lockout. This will come true by mid-October.
The club, in a suburb of Lyon, would not only get better on the court but the arenas will fill up and the owners would make a lot more money… hey, now I get why he is going.
We’ll see if this really happens, I’d take it with a grain of salt. But there is some logic to it.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48