Sep 1, 2011, 1:49 AM EDT
We brought you the report out of China Wednesday that both Paul Pierce and Michael Beasley suffered an asthma attack during a recent tournament where they had to play in a smoke-filled arena. And by smoke filled we mean cigarette, as in the fans are all smoking in the arena.
But Paul Pierce says that is not true. He tweeted this on Wednesday.
Me and Mike had a great trip to china and since when did I ever have asthma
Fair enough. We thought it only fair to set the record straight. And it’s a reminder to everyone that we should take the reports that come out of some overseas outlets with a grain of salt. Or maybe a shaker.
That said, the reports of Beasley suffering a fractured wrist seem to be accurate.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18