Sep 1, 2011, 1:49 AM EST
We brought you the report out of China Wednesday that both Paul Pierce and Michael Beasley suffered an asthma attack during a recent tournament where they had to play in a smoke-filled arena. And by smoke filled we mean cigarette, as in the fans are all smoking in the arena.
But Paul Pierce says that is not true. He tweeted this on Wednesday.
Me and Mike had a great trip to china and since when did I ever have asthma
Fair enough. We thought it only fair to set the record straight. And it’s a reminder to everyone that we should take the reports that come out of some overseas outlets with a grain of salt. Or maybe a shaker.
That said, the reports of Beasley suffering a fractured wrist seem to be accurate.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 6
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)