Sep 1, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
In the future, we should note even the most reliable reports out of China need to be taken with grains of salt.
Report on Michael Beasley breaking wrist in China not accurate, source says. Had doc examine hand in LA today merely as precaution.
So, it sounds like he did injure it, but things are not as severe as reported. Beasley reportedly hurt his wrist during the game but didn’t think it was that bad so participated in a post-game dunk contest, where he aggravated it.
We’d wonder about the severity of the injury and if he would be ready for training camps at the end of the month if we thought training camps would actually open at the end of the month. Sadly, not a big concern.
Also, Paul Pierce shot down the report out of China that he suffered asthma attack in a smoke-filled Chinese arena. Right now, I’m almost willing to question the reports out of China that they have some “great wall.” Just need to be cautious with rumors out of there.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5