Sep 1, 2011, 9:21 AM EST
In the future, we should note even the most reliable reports out of China need to be taken with grains of salt.
Report on Michael Beasley breaking wrist in China not accurate, source says. Had doc examine hand in LA today merely as precaution.
So, it sounds like he did injure it, but things are not as severe as reported. Beasley reportedly hurt his wrist during the game but didn’t think it was that bad so participated in a post-game dunk contest, where he aggravated it.
We’d wonder about the severity of the injury and if he would be ready for training camps at the end of the month if we thought training camps would actually open at the end of the month. Sadly, not a big concern.
Also, Paul Pierce shot down the report out of China that he suffered asthma attack in a smoke-filled Chinese arena. Right now, I’m almost willing to question the reports out of China that they have some “great wall.” Just need to be cautious with rumors out of there.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17