Sep 1, 2011, 9:21 AM EST
In the future, we should note even the most reliable reports out of China need to be taken with grains of salt.
Report on Michael Beasley breaking wrist in China not accurate, source says. Had doc examine hand in LA today merely as precaution.
So, it sounds like he did injure it, but things are not as severe as reported. Beasley reportedly hurt his wrist during the game but didn’t think it was that bad so participated in a post-game dunk contest, where he aggravated it.
We’d wonder about the severity of the injury and if he would be ready for training camps at the end of the month if we thought training camps would actually open at the end of the month. Sadly, not a big concern.
Also, Paul Pierce shot down the report out of China that he suffered asthma attack in a smoke-filled Chinese arena. Right now, I’m almost willing to question the reports out of China that they have some “great wall.” Just need to be cautious with rumors out of there.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30