Sep 1, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
In the future, we should note even the most reliable reports out of China need to be taken with grains of salt.
Report on Michael Beasley breaking wrist in China not accurate, source says. Had doc examine hand in LA today merely as precaution.
So, it sounds like he did injure it, but things are not as severe as reported. Beasley reportedly hurt his wrist during the game but didn’t think it was that bad so participated in a post-game dunk contest, where he aggravated it.
We’d wonder about the severity of the injury and if he would be ready for training camps at the end of the month if we thought training camps would actually open at the end of the month. Sadly, not a big concern.
Also, Paul Pierce shot down the report out of China that he suffered asthma attack in a smoke-filled Chinese arena. Right now, I’m almost willing to question the reports out of China that they have some “great wall.” Just need to be cautious with rumors out of there.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29