Sep 1, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
In the future, we should note even the most reliable reports out of China need to be taken with grains of salt.
Report on Michael Beasley breaking wrist in China not accurate, source says. Had doc examine hand in LA today merely as precaution.
So, it sounds like he did injure it, but things are not as severe as reported. Beasley reportedly hurt his wrist during the game but didn’t think it was that bad so participated in a post-game dunk contest, where he aggravated it.
We’d wonder about the severity of the injury and if he would be ready for training camps at the end of the month if we thought training camps would actually open at the end of the month. Sadly, not a big concern.
Also, Paul Pierce shot down the report out of China that he suffered asthma attack in a smoke-filled Chinese arena. Right now, I’m almost willing to question the reports out of China that they have some “great wall.” Just need to be cautious with rumors out of there.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13