Aug 31, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and they are addictive to us like bon-bons to an old housewife.
• How does Nick Young feel about smoking in arenas? It’s a valid question because the young Wizard’s swingman is apparently in talks to play there, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He is a restricted free agent, which means a Chinese team can sign him under that league’s new restrictive rules, but Young would have to stay there the entire season, no opt out clause. It’s what Wilson Chandler just agreed to, but how many other guys are going to make that commitment?
Young averaged 17.4 points per game for the Wizards and is part of their up-tempo game, a good fit along side John Wall. Losing him for a season (the Wizards would retain his NBA rights) would be a blow.
• Some good news for Wizards fans, their top pick in this year’s draft — Jan Vesely — says he is not going to play overseas, reports CSNWashington.com. That’s a risk for him, he could get a deal in Europe with an opt-out clause, but he is committed to the Wizards.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36