Aug 31, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and they are addictive to us like bon-bons to an old housewife.
• How does Nick Young feel about smoking in arenas? It’s a valid question because the young Wizard’s swingman is apparently in talks to play there, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He is a restricted free agent, which means a Chinese team can sign him under that league’s new restrictive rules, but Young would have to stay there the entire season, no opt out clause. It’s what Wilson Chandler just agreed to, but how many other guys are going to make that commitment?
Young averaged 17.4 points per game for the Wizards and is part of their up-tempo game, a good fit along side John Wall. Losing him for a season (the Wizards would retain his NBA rights) would be a blow.
• Some good news for Wizards fans, their top pick in this year’s draft — Jan Vesely — says he is not going to play overseas, reports CSNWashington.com. That’s a risk for him, he could get a deal in Europe with an opt-out clause, but he is committed to the Wizards.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 6
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 1
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 15
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)