Aug 31, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
September 1, 1:51 am: Paul Pierce went to twitter today to deny the report of him having an asthma attack. Pierce says he does not even have asthma. It’s unclear about Beasley — well, he did fracture his wrist, but we don’t know about the asthma attack — so take that with a grain or 100 of salt.
August 31, 1:50 pm: Paul Pierce just got back from China, he was over there with Michael Beasley and a handful of other NBA players for the Intercontinental Basketball Cup.
And for Wilson Chandler and all the other NBA players talking China next season, here is another reminder of just how different things are over there. And we’re not just talking about the food.
While playing in Shuangyashan, Heilongjiang province… Pierce and Beasley both suffered asthma attacks due to large amounts of fans smoking cigarettes inside the stadium. After the game, things got even more shocking when Beasley fell to the floor in his hotel and started to roll around in obvious pain, scaring everyone around half-to-death. At that point, there was no choice but to dial 120 (the number for an ambulance in China) and take him to the hospital.
That wasn’t Beasley’s only trip to the hospital on the trip. In another game he hurt his wrist, thought it was minor and decided to take part in the post-game dunk contest anyway. The result was a likely a fracture of the wrist.
That one’s on Beasley. But the smoke in the arenas… we aren’t in Kansas anymore.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29