Aug 31, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
You are way off base.
That’s what Iguodala himself is saying. He spoke with Kate Fagan of the Philadelphia Inquirer and said it’s all good.
“We spoke, it was really brief. It was about 10 minutes, it wasn’t long: “What we can do to improve, what our plans are going forward. It wasn’t too much. But, I’ve never had a problem with Doug, so we made that clear that we never had issues. So we were good.”
Iggy is still on the block if another team has a good offer, but will anyone take on that contract (four years, $43.7 million remaining) under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement? Iggy is a very good player but sort of a No. 2 on an elite team (more Pau Gasol than Kobe Bryant, for example). But the Sixers can have a good team with him, Jrue Holiday, Elton Brand and a possibly improved Evan Turner (one can hope). I get why you might try to move him, but he’s not a guy to dump just to dump. The Sixers can be good with him.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 1
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 58
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31