Aug 31, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
You are way off base.
That’s what Iguodala himself is saying. He spoke with Kate Fagan of the Philadelphia Inquirer and said it’s all good.
“We spoke, it was really brief. It was about 10 minutes, it wasn’t long: “What we can do to improve, what our plans are going forward. It wasn’t too much. But, I’ve never had a problem with Doug, so we made that clear that we never had issues. So we were good.”
Iggy is still on the block if another team has a good offer, but will anyone take on that contract (four years, $43.7 million remaining) under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement? Iggy is a very good player but sort of a No. 2 on an elite team (more Pau Gasol than Kobe Bryant, for example). But the Sixers can have a good team with him, Jrue Holiday, Elton Brand and a possibly improved Evan Turner (one can hope). I get why you might try to move him, but he’s not a guy to dump just to dump. The Sixers can be good with him.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0