Aug 31, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
You are way off base.
That’s what Iguodala himself is saying. He spoke with Kate Fagan of the Philadelphia Inquirer and said it’s all good.
“We spoke, it was really brief. It was about 10 minutes, it wasn’t long: “What we can do to improve, what our plans are going forward. It wasn’t too much. But, I’ve never had a problem with Doug, so we made that clear that we never had issues. So we were good.”
Iggy is still on the block if another team has a good offer, but will anyone take on that contract (four years, $43.7 million remaining) under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement? Iggy is a very good player but sort of a No. 2 on an elite team (more Pau Gasol than Kobe Bryant, for example). But the Sixers can have a good team with him, Jrue Holiday, Elton Brand and a possibly improved Evan Turner (one can hope). I get why you might try to move him, but he’s not a guy to dump just to dump. The Sixers can be good with him.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)