Aug 31, 2011, 12:53 PM EST
Sure doesn’t look like we will have basketball come October (the first preseason game is scheduled for Oct. 9, and it’s about as likely to happen as my date with Mila Kunis that night.
But the Knicks might still be working out together in October.
“Most likely I think as the month goes on, probably early October, well start getting guys together,” Anthony said. “I’ll make it my duty to get guys together whether it’s in LA, New York or a neutral place.”
Amar’e Stoudemire already is doing this. So, as the first sign of those two pillars of the franchise playing together rather than playing next to each other, maybe they could organize this together. Just a thought.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27