Aug 30, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
He had gone on twitter and on Los Angeles radio to say he was not going to do the show (just keep reading below and you will see our “he’s not going to do it” post based on what he said). But that was just Artest-style misdirection.
He appeared on the announcement show on ABC Monday night and will be ready to go. He walked out and stripped off his shirt. So, is there a bigger sign of being committed?
He has said repeatedly that he can’t dance. I guess we’ll find out very, very soon.
August 29, 9:06 pm: The rumors were out there. The offer was out there.
But Ron Artest is not going to be on Dancing with the Stars. He put it on his twitter account on Monday.
I’m working on my new single. I don’t have time to do dancing with the stars!!! Sorry.. But definitely cop my new single coming soon!!!
Artest also was on ESPN 710 in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon and said that he was offered the chance to go on Dancing with the Stars but turned it down.
His reasoning was pretty solid (as reported by the Los Angeles Daily News):
“I just can’t dance.” He also said, “They asked me, but I just didn’t feel comfortable wearing a leotard.”
Artest also wants to play for the Cheshire Jets in England, but that seems unlikely as insurance issues have gotten in the way. Artest also said he wanted to appear in some sitcoms as a guest but the timing didn’t work out.
Just a lot of things not working out for Artest this summer.
But his name change to Metta World Peace is, everything is just taking a little longer than expected.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 26