Aug 30, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The FBI in conjunction with Orange County police arrested Javaris Crittenton Monday night at John Wayne International Airport after the 23-year-old checked in for a flight to Atlanta, according to an FBI spokesperson, via the AP.
Crittenton had been wanted since police issued an arrest warrant Friday night for the former Laker, Wizard, and Bobcat who famously had been involved in the Wizards locker-room gun incident in 2009. A “Wanted” poster was released Monday by the FBI and later that afternoon Crittenton’s attorney released a statement saying that his client was innocent and that he would be taking a red eye flight back to Atlanta to “clear his name.” The FBI and police clearly felt he was enough of a threat to apprehend him prior to that flight. No shocker that he was arrested. If you check in for a domestic flight with the FBI searching for you for murder and you aren’t picked up, someone’s had a major lapse in security.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday that the victim of the shooting Crittenton is sought in connection with was going to be proposed to by her longtime boyfriend prior to the shooting. Her four children reportedly heard the gunshots from inside her house. She died in surgery after a gunshot wound to the leg. Two men with Jones, one of which is the suspected target of the shooting, fled unharmed. Crittenton purchased a one-way ticket to Los Angeles Friday night.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25