Aug 30, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The FBI in conjunction with Orange County police arrested Javaris Crittenton Monday night at John Wayne International Airport after the 23-year-old checked in for a flight to Atlanta, according to an FBI spokesperson, via the AP.
Crittenton had been wanted since police issued an arrest warrant Friday night for the former Laker, Wizard, and Bobcat who famously had been involved in the Wizards locker-room gun incident in 2009. A “Wanted” poster was released Monday by the FBI and later that afternoon Crittenton’s attorney released a statement saying that his client was innocent and that he would be taking a red eye flight back to Atlanta to “clear his name.” The FBI and police clearly felt he was enough of a threat to apprehend him prior to that flight. No shocker that he was arrested. If you check in for a domestic flight with the FBI searching for you for murder and you aren’t picked up, someone’s had a major lapse in security.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday that the victim of the shooting Crittenton is sought in connection with was going to be proposed to by her longtime boyfriend prior to the shooting. Her four children reportedly heard the gunshots from inside her house. She died in surgery after a gunshot wound to the leg. Two men with Jones, one of which is the suspected target of the shooting, fled unharmed. Crittenton purchased a one-way ticket to Los Angeles Friday night.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1