Aug 30, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The FBI in conjunction with Orange County police arrested Javaris Crittenton Monday night at John Wayne International Airport after the 23-year-old checked in for a flight to Atlanta, according to an FBI spokesperson, via the AP.
Crittenton had been wanted since police issued an arrest warrant Friday night for the former Laker, Wizard, and Bobcat who famously had been involved in the Wizards locker-room gun incident in 2009. A “Wanted” poster was released Monday by the FBI and later that afternoon Crittenton’s attorney released a statement saying that his client was innocent and that he would be taking a red eye flight back to Atlanta to “clear his name.” The FBI and police clearly felt he was enough of a threat to apprehend him prior to that flight. No shocker that he was arrested. If you check in for a domestic flight with the FBI searching for you for murder and you aren’t picked up, someone’s had a major lapse in security.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday that the victim of the shooting Crittenton is sought in connection with was going to be proposed to by her longtime boyfriend prior to the shooting. Her four children reportedly heard the gunshots from inside her house. She died in surgery after a gunshot wound to the leg. Two men with Jones, one of which is the suspected target of the shooting, fled unharmed. Crittenton purchased a one-way ticket to Los Angeles Friday night.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33