Aug 29, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Big names were coming. Kevin Durant was there. Of course he was — if there was a high-level pro-am game this summer, Durant has been there. He’s sharpening his game, more importantly this has been a summer of sharp little bit of grassroots marketing by KD.
Back to the issue at hand, the Elite 24 at Venice Beach was a showcase worth seeing. First off, Venice has some of the best pickup ball in the Los Angeles Area. (I played there a lot for a six month span, not on the main court but down a couple, and it was a proud day when a regular nicknamed me “Bobby Jones.”) Venice Beach also a tourist mecca and where the people even Angelino’s consider odd seem to collect.
It’s a very LA setting. Here are the highlights from a good day, via Ball Don’t Lie.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16