Aug 29, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Rick Adelman’s flirtation with Minnesota Timberwolves has gotten serious enough that he is flying back to Minnesota to meet the team’s owner.
That’s another sign that this deal is looking more and more likely, and this report comes from Ric Bucher of ESPN.
Two people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Aug. 24 that Adelman had met with Taylor during his first interview in Minneapolis, but the league source said Monday that Taylor’s health issues kept the two from talking face to face.
This should be interesting, as befriending owners has never been Adelman’s strong suit. That said, Adelman is the perfect fit for the Timberwolves. This meeting should be a rubber stamp, but who knows.
In tweets, Bucher said his sources have indicated the two sides have yet to talk money, which was always considered a stumbling block. Adelman will demand at least $4 million a season, which is a steep price for the small market Timberwolves. Reports out of Minnesota say they will match it, but the meeting this week may determine if that is a reality.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8