Aug 29, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated has an article up on Nuggets rookie Jordan Hamilton, who is eager for the lockout to end so that he can begin rehabilitating his image, which may have caused him to drop out of the lottery and fall to the 26th spot in the draft:
For Jordan Hamilton, the former Texas swingman who slid to the 26th spot in the June draft after being projected as a lottery pick and landed in Denver after being traded by Dallas, the delay to his pro career is a nuisance for another reason: It’s putting his image makeover on hold.
According to the article, Hamilton is eager to meet head coach George Karl and GM Masai Ujiri that he’s extremely coachable and willing to work hard, and that the things he supposedly said about Texas coach Rick Barnes were taken out of context.
Hamilton is a great scorer who had lottery talent, but dropped to the late 20s because of some bad body language, some bad shot selection, and what may have been no more than a misunderstanding surrounding what Hamilton did or didn’t say about Rick Barnes. If Hamilton’s poor image really is nothing more than a media creation, the Nuggets may well have gotten one of the biggest steals of the draft — but they won’t find out until the lockout ends and they actually get to meet him.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona