Aug 29, 2011, 11:06 AM EST
Reports out of China are a little sketchy, but it could be bad news for Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley.
Report: Michael Beasley suffered wrist injury in Sunday night at China Championships, had to get wrist re-examined, possible wrist break.
Here is the link to the actual story from HoopChina.com, where they say the same thing but makes it seem like a fracture is the more likely outcome.
Beasley was on a team with Paul Pierce playing a Chinese team and he had scored 32 points in the game when the injury occurred. The injury happened in the game and felt worse the next morning.
If it is a break, it is something that could stretch into the season even with a lockout. It might take two or three months to heal and get his strength back, and it is possible the lockout will be solved by then.
We will keep you updated on the outcome.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)