Aug 29, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
A bunch of Philadelphia 76ers got together in Los Angles over the weekend to workout together. We’d love to tell you it’s a pre-training camp get together, but we all know better than that.
Still, a good turnout of the starting five of the Sixers and the first guy off the bench last year — Elton Brand, Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Spencer Hawes and Craig Brackins.
And you can see some good signs at these workouts.
Elton Brand did. That’s what he told Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
“I see a lot of improvement in Jodie, Evan and Spencer,” Brand acknowledged. “Evan is looking more athletic. Spencer is running the floor better and Jodie, believe it or not, is even shooting better. Guys are really growing.”
“Spencer does look a lot more lean. Evan looks more fit too and stronger,” Holiday said, echoing Brand’s comments. “A lot of guys just do what they do like Lou who came out here and just lit it up. But it really is good that we could meet in one place. Our team just has such good chemistry.”
Those are things that should make you happy, Sixers fans. Especially if there is a season.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13