Aug 29, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
A bunch of Philadelphia 76ers got together in Los Angles over the weekend to workout together. We’d love to tell you it’s a pre-training camp get together, but we all know better than that.
Still, a good turnout of the starting five of the Sixers and the first guy off the bench last year — Elton Brand, Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Spencer Hawes and Craig Brackins.
And you can see some good signs at these workouts.
Elton Brand did. That’s what he told Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
“I see a lot of improvement in Jodie, Evan and Spencer,” Brand acknowledged. “Evan is looking more athletic. Spencer is running the floor better and Jodie, believe it or not, is even shooting better. Guys are really growing.”
“Spencer does look a lot more lean. Evan looks more fit too and stronger,” Holiday said, echoing Brand’s comments. “A lot of guys just do what they do like Lou who came out here and just lit it up. But it really is good that we could meet in one place. Our team just has such good chemistry.”
Those are things that should make you happy, Sixers fans. Especially if there is a season.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16