Aug 29, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
A bunch of Philadelphia 76ers got together in Los Angles over the weekend to workout together. We’d love to tell you it’s a pre-training camp get together, but we all know better than that.
Still, a good turnout of the starting five of the Sixers and the first guy off the bench last year — Elton Brand, Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Spencer Hawes and Craig Brackins.
And you can see some good signs at these workouts.
Elton Brand did. That’s what he told Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
“I see a lot of improvement in Jodie, Evan and Spencer,” Brand acknowledged. “Evan is looking more athletic. Spencer is running the floor better and Jodie, believe it or not, is even shooting better. Guys are really growing.”
“Spencer does look a lot more lean. Evan looks more fit too and stronger,” Holiday said, echoing Brand’s comments. “A lot of guys just do what they do like Lou who came out here and just lit it up. But it really is good that we could meet in one place. Our team just has such good chemistry.”
Those are things that should make you happy, Sixers fans. Especially if there is a season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14