Aug 29, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
A bunch of Philadelphia 76ers got together in Los Angles over the weekend to workout together. We’d love to tell you it’s a pre-training camp get together, but we all know better than that.
Still, a good turnout of the starting five of the Sixers and the first guy off the bench last year — Elton Brand, Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Spencer Hawes and Craig Brackins.
And you can see some good signs at these workouts.
Elton Brand did. That’s what he told Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
“I see a lot of improvement in Jodie, Evan and Spencer,” Brand acknowledged. “Evan is looking more athletic. Spencer is running the floor better and Jodie, believe it or not, is even shooting better. Guys are really growing.”
“Spencer does look a lot more lean. Evan looks more fit too and stronger,” Holiday said, echoing Brand’s comments. “A lot of guys just do what they do like Lou who came out here and just lit it up. But it really is good that we could meet in one place. Our team just has such good chemistry.”
Those are things that should make you happy, Sixers fans. Especially if there is a season.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona