Aug 29, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Deron Williams was in Utah last weekend playing dodgeball.
He was playing for charity. Not exactly the high stakes of playing dodgeball to save your gym from being bought by Globo-Gym, but still a very worthy cause. Williams was playing with Kyle Korver, C.J. Miles and Wesley Mathews.
And he spoke with the Salt Lake Tribune and gave an update on the injured wrist he played through at the end of last season and had surgery on once the Nets were done in the playoff race (well, long after that, really).
Yeah, yeah. I wouldn’t say 100 percent. I’ve still got to do some strengthening and breaking up scar tissue. I think that’s a process with any surgery.
His wrist will get stronger and some scar tissue will get worked out when he goes to start playing in Turkey soon. While we may wonder why a guy on the verge of a huge free agent contract would risk injury playing overseas, it will be good for his wrist and he will be sharp once the Nets do open camp after the lockout ends.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay