Aug 28, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Ron Artest is following in Mark Cuban’s footsteps. Literally.
It had been rumored that Ron Artest was in talks to take part in Dancing with the Stars this fall (although he seemed down on it), and now Charged.fm and Terez Owens is reporting that the Lakers forward — to officially become Metta World Peace by the time the show airs — will be announced as one of the participants Monday.
My source close to Ron Ron has confirmed that Artest is one of the participants on the 13th season of DWTS. The complete cast will be announced tomorrow during ABC’s “The Bachelor Pad…Artest will be dancing into our hearts and home starting Monday, September 19th.
No active NBA player has ever been on the show because the show runs during the NBA season (Mark Cuban has done it but lasted only a couple weeks). With the lockout expected to cost the season games, Artest is in — although there is a risk for the show if Artest lasts a while and David Stern and Billy Hunter figure it all out. Former athletes have fared well on the show — Emmitt Smith, Helio Castroneves and Hines Ward have all won (as have Kristi Yamaguchi and Shawn Johnson).
There also have been rumors Dwyane Wade would participate, but there is no confirmation of that yet.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54