Aug 26, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and that is what we do.
• Despite the reports that came out yesterday, Denver Nugget Wilson Chandler has not inked a deal with Olimpia Milano of Italy. Both Chandler’s agent and the GM of Milano said that there is no deal. But they are talking, there may be one soon.
• Lost in the sadness of the delay over his name change is this note — Ron Artest is waiting until after Nov. 22 to decide whether or not to play in England. Insurance issues may mess up him playing with the Cheshire Jets, but he said he wants to play somewhere small, not for one of the big teams in Europe.
• D.J. Strawberry, who bounced around the NBA for a few years (Suns, Rockets, Lakers, Hornets) but played last year in Lithuania, has signed to stay overseas with Hapoel Jerusalem.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18