Dwyane Wade on Dancing with the Stars? That’s the rumor.

Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EST

Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade attends a fashion show of the Yves Saint Laurent collection as part of spring-summer 2012 men's fashion season presented in Paris on Friday, June 24, 2011 AP

Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.

And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?

However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)

“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”

If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.

Artest has kind of blown off the idea. But it’s Artest — soon to be Metta World Peace — so if he changed his mind would you be shocked in the least?

Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.

Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.

1. rayrsatx - Aug 26, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Here is a chance for Wade to win a trophy w/o Lebron! Lol

2. mogogo1 - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM

rayrsatx says
    Here is a chance for Wade to win a trophy w/o Lebron! Lol
    ____________________________

Dude, he’s already got a trophy without LeBron. He was Finals MVP that year, too.

3. rayrsatx - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Mogogo, learn how to interpret English, I said “win a trophy w/o Lebron”! Lebron was not with Wade when he won in 06! What I should of said smartass was Wade would not have win a title in 06 w/o Shaq! Wade has not won shit since! Just like you mogogo! Must be special needs child!

4. dannomac21 - Aug 27, 2011 at 3:38 AM

i heard his female partner will be chris bosh

• denverdude7 - Aug 27, 2011 at 7:48 AM

That’s not what I heard. I heard his partner would be Bron-Bron. In fact, they are picking out his dress right now.

5. philtration - Aug 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM

And they won’t even have to supply him with any of those fruity dancing costumes.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches