Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.
And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?
However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)
“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”
If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.
Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.
Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 1
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 7
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 82
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20