Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.
And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?
However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)
“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”
If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.
Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.
Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27