Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.
And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?
However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)
“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”
If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.
Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.
Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8