Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.
And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?
However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)
“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”
If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.
Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.
Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10