Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
Confession time: I have never watched Dancing with the Stars. Not to try and laugh at Mark Cuban, not to watch one of my favorite interviews ever — Helio Castroneves — win the whole thing. Not a second.
And NBA guys have never been on it because it tapes during the season. Sure, a retired guy could go on, but Michael Jordan wouldn’t and do you want to see Charles Barkley dance?
However, the lockout changes everything. There have been rumors out there, and a former DWTS winner – Pittsuburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward — told WCNN in Atlanta that he has heard Dwyane Wade mentioned as possible for this season. (Via Sports Radio Interviews)
“I don’t know, but I did hear rumors and (Wade’s) name did come up. I also heard Ron Artest, too.”
If Wade is on the show would I watch it? Probably not. But I’d rather see him dance than Cuban.
Wade has the personality to do it, his footwork always seemed good. And while the show tapes into November (if he lasts that long) I fear it will not interfere with an NBA obligations.
Not sure if it will happen, but it’s something to watch.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19